Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Hello everyone (new member) PLUS a family member is sick :(

Hiya, I'm sorry to start of negatively.
    My sister is sick. My mum and dad have been trying to help me through it, but they've been hugging my sister (from behind), and she's been lying down next to my mum. I'm sorry for my sister, but I can't stand to be anywhere near her. I'm also really frustrated with her, because she keeps on forgetting to wash her hands, even after going to the toilet.
    Anyway, I've been so, so worried, and right now I'm having a panic attack, which is making me feel bad. Now I'm confusing that feeling for the actual bug. I'm isolating myself in my room for 2-3 weeks. But I'm just so scared. Please, please someone help me get through this.

Default Re: Hello everyone (new member) PLUS a family member is sick :(

welcome to the forum its so scary when someone in the family gets sick. atm my neighbours sick and i'm freaking out! i know you must be so scared, but just do whatever you can to cope with it. even if this means washing your hands non-stop, or staying in your room for a little, just do what will make you calmer. its good that your parents are helping too you'll get through this, it will be scary but you'll do it i promise if your still scared just reply to this posst and someone will help xxx
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 <3 <3
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <3 <3 <3

I haven't gotten sick yet. Now I'm just worried about my parents getting it, because if they get it... well, my chances of getting sick are much higher.

Thanks for helping me out

Welcome to the forum! Bleach and Lysol kill sv. If you clean with those and wash your hands before eating or touching your face, you have a very good chance of avoiding it.