Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What would you give up to lose your ability to vomit?

Quote Originally Posted by jptk View Post
    No, there is a lot I could say, but id rather not give you a reason to post more
    You're so sweet <3

Sorry SVS but you were wrong. End of story

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post
    You're so sweet <3

Sorry SVS but you were wrong. End of story
    I love sarcastic <3s.....that is all.

Omgsh guys, I can't. This thread is so ridiculous. Grace, you brought up a very good point about the horses! If they ingest poison the only way to save their lives is to flush it through their body. But if a human isn't around to do that, they will die! Also a good point about it being a warning sign for other illnesses. Also, Kaydee and Jadenight, you guys don't sound pretentious, y'all are great. that is all!
    M I D N I G H T

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyfreelife View Post
    I'm confused by this thread. The OP posts this in a public thread and is now mad when someone disagrees?
    I'ts hardly just a case of someone disagreeing. It's the language, sarcasm, attitude, fascist, self important bullshit etc etc etc.
    Regardless of incorrect information, the original purpose of the thread was a fairly lighthearted discussion. Just read the first line. SoVerySorry didn't turn this thread into what it has become.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I'ts hardly just a case of someone disagreeing. It's the language, sarcasm, attitude, fascist, self important bullshit etc etc etc.
    Regardless of incorrect information, the original purpose of the thread was a fairly lighthearted discussion. Just read the first line. SoVerySorry didn't turn this thread into what it has become.
    I read the entire thread. I just don't see how what anyone said was fascist or self-important. The original question wasn't the problem and my answer would honestly be nothing. Vomiting is important, so I will keep it. I'm the problem, not vomit. The problem was with the paragraph underneath that perpetrates the idea that's the root of this phobia, that vomiting is wrong. I'm seeing a lot of words getting thrown around like pretentious, fascist, etc and that's what is making this thread into something ridiculous. I'm usually adapt at detecting harsh replies and rudeness, but I am just not seeing the problem. People were trying to tell SVS that they were wrong and here's why and that such information is feeding into the fear, not helping it. I don't think they were mean about it, but whatever. What SVS said is wrong and this is not the first time I've seen him or her react in a harsh and critical way when someone said something they think or did is wrong.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyfreelife View Post
    I read the entire thread. I just don't see how what anyone said was fascist or self-important. The original question wasn't the problem and my answer would honestly be nothing. Vomiting is important, so I will keep it. I'm the problem, not vomit. The problem was with the paragraph underneath that perpetrates the idea that's the root of this phobia, that vomiting is wrong. I'm seeing a lot of words getting thrown around like pretentious, fascist, etc and that's what is making this thread into something ridiculous. I'm usually adapt at detecting harsh replies and rudeness, but I am just not seeing the problem. People were trying to tell SVS that they were wrong and here's why and that such information is feeding into the fear, not helping it. I don't think they were mean about it, but whatever. What SVS said is wrong and this is not the first time I've seen him or her react in a harsh and critical way when someone said something they think or did is wrong.
    In that case, isn't your sig which says you havn't vomited in 8 years feeding the fear too? Should all panic posts be stopped because they feed the fear?
    You know what.. I don't really care, it just pissed me off to read how one or two people spoke to SVS.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

In that case, isn't your sig which says you havn't vomited in 8 years feeding the fear too? Should all panic posts be stopped because they feed the fear?
    You know what.. I don't really care, it just pissed me off to read how one or two people spoke to SVS.
    No. It's a reminder of my own health. It says since I had a sv, not since I vomited. I tend to vomit every time I have a bad cold actually thanks to choking on mucous (tmi, I know). I get one cold a year usually, around January or February. A sig about how long since someone was sick says different things for different people. I could make a sig about strep as well. It's been 14 years since I had strep. It's been 13 years since I had an ear infection. I was actually debating changing my sig to a Halloween countdown since Halloween is my favorite holiday.
    What is bad here is lying. Telling lies feeds the fear unnecessarily. This forum should be to help people/each other to get through hard phobia moments and to work on getting better so life will get better for us, lies about vomiting don't help anyone and SVS was lying, even though it wasn't intentional. I believe that SVS believes what s/he said and that they do really want to believe that it can be controlled all the time. SVS seems to be having a lot of struggle with his or her fear(s) and depression and while they are doing better, I think when the truth comes out, they understandably get upset because it has ruined their notion, their safe-zone. Stepping out of it is very, very hard, but we all have to do things that break that comfort zone, that shatter our preconceived notions of fact. Not just with phobias, but life in general. Think of the child who was deadset that Santa was real only to be told that Santa isn't real and no one lives in the North Pole and flying reindeer don't exist. It's kinda like that.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Okay really?

"A lie is a false statement to a person or group made by another person or group who knows it is not the whole truth, intentionally."

Did I intentionally say something that I knew wasn't truthful? No. Not at all. As noted, I worded it wrong BUT I didn't think people would take it the way you guys did.
    "
    earned response as in learned over time. Another similar way to phrase it would be we evolved to vomit."

I didn't think people would actually believe that somebody would think that we learn to vomit from birth. That statement alone should have prevented any more tangents about how that is idiotic and illogical. That was the first page. Any tangents after that post are idiotic honestly.

Why did I say we learned that? I was getting to the point that without vomiting, humans aren't missing much AND that more people would benefit and live easier than if Vomiting was like it is now.

"If you're going to spout rubbish, at least make it well informed."

Could have worded that way better without being as rude. You also did correct me by saying instinctive response before then, so you knew what I was talking about so your rude tone was needed.

Safe Zone? I know that vomiting can't be controlled most of the time. I've told my mom that my anti-emetics aren't gonna work when I'm really nauseated.

Please, tell me about this: "
    this is not the first time I've seen him or her react in a harsh and critical way when someone said something they think or did is wrong."

Tell me because I can't remember. I've tried my best to be respectful until this point. I swear. You guys, not all of you guys, but some of you are too rude and honestly should be talked to by an admin. Are you guys still talking about me behind my back?

Who's ever talked about you behind your back? Do you seriously think I have nothing better to do than talk about you behind your back? Honestly, and you're calling us self-important, jptk?

I wasn't rude. Telling you to stop spouting rubbish isn't rude, it's a reasonable request.

We the to help you, we make suggestions, but almost inevitably the response is 'I can't because...' And the reasons are barely ever rational. A thread that you made all angry because your doctor wanted to try you on another anti anxiety medication became a bit of an argument because people tried to offer you advice and you wouldn't take it. You said you refused to take those medications, and I asked you to explain to me why you refused to take anxiety meds but you were completely ready to pump yourself full of promethazine to prevent vomiting. That's one time, there've been others, but I haven't replied to them so I'm leaving an example that I'm well aware of.

Lke I said earlier, you seemed to be doing really well, you were taking people's advice about eating right and drinking, and that's fantastic, but then threads like this where people are trying to explain to you rationally why we disagree, and you become all defensive and swear at us and the like happen and I just kind of wonder why you're being like this when really, a lot of us have tried really hard to help and encourage you. Whatever. I should have known better, I suppose.

And jptk, I'm a fascist now? Aww, no ones ever called me a fascist before. Thank you <3
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know, how about that "everybody here already thinks you're Daniel" comment? You can't tell me that isn't insinuating a conversation behind my back.

It wasn't an argument - I said I was sorry if I was rude even if it did come off as such (which it apparently did). This phobia isn't rational, so why were my choices not being logical astounding? Are you joking? You weren't being rude? That's bullshit. Just because you don't think you're being rude, doesn't mean you aren't coming off as such. That's why I grew angry. Your tone is severely snark and I'm sick of you to be hoenst. If there is a way to block people, please let me know because I'm done with your "rational" and "never wrong" mindset. You're rude. End. Of. Story.

Nevermind, I found the option to ignore.

Aw, okay sweet pea. You're right, I'm wrong. All better? Look, I didn't make the Daniel comment, and as I said when you PM'd me about it, I have no idea what that was about, honestly. I'll readily admit when I'm wrong, in fact, I do, quite a lot on here and elsewhere, but this time, you're spouting garbage and it needs to stop.

I have a couple of thoughts, first, I can't honestly say that I have a healthy attitude about vomiting as I still do everything in my power to prevent it, but I would rather vomit than die, that's for sure. In most cases vomiting is a secondary response but in some cases it might save your life, for example the ingestion of a chemical poison, although as the OP correctly pointed out, we're likely to be careful enough to avoid those situations almost entirely, but there is always that chance, so I guess I'm glad that the ability isn't going anywhere. As to the original topic, I feel like I gave up enough already in my quest not to vomit, especially in my younger years that I don't think I'd be willing to give up anything else I care about to get rid of that ability. Lastly I know one of the two "fascists" from this thread in person (JadeNight) and she is a good friend, a very compassionate person who has helped me through some difficult times, in spite of my still rather unhealthy attitude about vomiting.

Please don't baby me. I'm 26 years old with a very shaky living arrangement so I came off more harshly than I meant to at first towards your replies -- that I'll take responsibility for, but you were being rude whether you take up to it or not. This whole entire thing could have been EASILY sorted out if questions were asked and assumptions weren't made.

I had no idea you're 26. Perhaps that says something about your behaviour. Thank you, though, for finally taking on some of the responsibility for how this turned out. I wasn't being rude (and if I ever was, it was only after this crap started getting ridiculous), I was being sarcastic, which is honestly just the way I am. I'm sarcastic to everyone, it's not rudeness, but if that makes you feel better about this thread, then sure. I was rude. Hope you sleep better at night now

I didn't have to ask questions, you said that you thought vomiting was a learned response. If you meant it was an instinctual response, maybe you should have said that, but you seem to think that that would have contradicted something else you said. Either way, something is off, and you need to check your facts. What's rude about pointing that out? This information needed to be corrected because this kind of misinformation really just exacerbates people's anxieties, something some members don't need any help with.
    Last edited by KaydeeJayde; 09-01-2013 at 04:57 AM.

"I didn't have to ask questions, you said that you thought vomiting was a learned response. If you meant it was an instinctual response, maybe you should have said that"

"
    Learned response as in learned over time. Another similar way to phrase it would be we evolved to vomit."

"I believe you meant an instinctive response."

You knew what I meant, so why did you continue? I'm not taking responsibility for how it turned out. At all.
    "let me be sarcastic to the person who is on edge"

That was real smart.

And how is it my fault that you're on edge?

There's a simple solution to this. Don't. Post. Garbage. Simple. Check your facts before you post them. That way, people won't have to correct you, you won't have to get defensive and irrational, and none of this would happen. See how that works?

-ignores her-

Very mature. Certainly acting your 26 years right there Good job, sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    "

That was real smart.
    Like this thread?

"Learned response as in learned over time.| we evolved to vomit."

^ Those two sentences say two different things. lol...this is the point.

& JD, thank you. I don't think jptk can say anything to someone who knows me in real life lol.

Okayyyyyy, time to pack up and go home!! (lock this please!)

In before it's locked!, I wouldn't give up anything, not so much because I think Vomiting might save my life someday, mostly because I have needlessly avoided and given up enough in the past and gained absolutely nothing from it. As unpleasant as vomiting can be, it's quick, relieves n*, doesn't normally happen very often and is not life threatening (under normal circumstances).

"Those two sentences say two different things. lol...this is the point."

"
    Another similar way to phrase it would be we evolved to vomit"

Instinctive response would be the correct word, but as I said, I didn't think people would take me as that stupid. I didn't reply to you Kaydee because quite honestly, you're a bitch.

Thanks, sweets... Because your opinion means SO much to me. Just reinforcing how much of an immature brat you are by the way, you've sworn at me, and insulted me, I've not once done the same to you. And I'm the problem. Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post
    Like this thread?

"Learned response as in learned over time.| we evolved to vomit."

^ Those two sentences say two different things. lol...this is the point.

& JD, thank you. I don't think jptk can say anything to someone who knows me in real life lol.
    After looking back over all this perhaps I went a bit overboard...
    I shouldn't have insulted yourself or Kaydee personally and shouldn't have used terms like fascist etc, that was uncalled for. Apologies to yourself and Kaydee if any offence was taken.

Thanks jptk no hard feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    Thanks jptk no hard feelings?
    No hard feelings at all

"Very mature. Certainly acting your 26 years right there "

"
    See how that works?"

"
    Aw, okay sweet pea. You're right, I'm wrong. All better?"

"
    Honestly, and you're calling us self-important, jptk? "

"
    Do you really think I'm that dumb?" - "I'm not going to answer your last question but im going to pose another"

Really? Over and over again you were insinuating that I was unintelligent this whole entire time. Seriously. Check your sarcasm because it comes off as rude, time and time again.

I dislike you, but you aren't the problem. The problem is that Jade (I think it was her) was irritated at another comment, which came off rude, indirectly towards me.

None of those are insults. I didn't say you're unintelligent. I was patronising you because you were acting extremely immature. I didn't once call you any names, swear at you, I've been nothing but rational and calm, except once where I got frustrated. No insults. See how that works, Hun?