Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: What would you give up to lose your ability to vomit?

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    I dislike you, but you aren't the problem. The problem is that Jade (I think it was her) was irritated at another comment, which came off rude, indirectly towards me.
    Ha, good to know I'm not the problem. And you don't like me? Oh dear, I'm crushed.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My dang phone won't let me google for some reason guys and I would like to know more about the horses! Kaydee could you post a link? Or Grace? Whoever posted about that! Thanks!

Are you kidding me??? You are so full of yourself. You and your passive aggressive insinuations need to get checked. You're not getting anything by responding, so go away. Unless you like arguing.

Thanks Jptk. I got your PM. Lets start over.

SVS if you think my comment was the problem then you need to re-evaluate yourself and what you wrote on this thread. seriously. I don't care who thinks it was harsh it had to be said because you continuously write stuff that doesn't make sense, ask for advice and then deflect it with a million and a half excuses. It's exhausting. if even others have chimed in scratching their heads at what you're saying...how is it MY fault?

And please don't call Kaydeejayde a bitch, that's my best friend.

Camanja -

I found a link to a horse enthusiast website here and another here about the equine digestive system. I hope these are what you're looking for!

SVS -

I'm responding because you're ridiculous. You think I'm just going to let you call me a bitch. I'm being a bit of a bitch now, yes... (told you I'll admit these things, when I'm actually doing them), but only because, and are you ready for this? You're. Being. Ridiculous... Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Camanja05 View Post
    My dang phone won't let me google for some reason guys and I would like to know more about the horses! Kaydee could you post a link? Or Grace? Whoever posted about that! Thanks!
    There are actually quite a few animals that don't have a vomit reflex. If you are interested, have a look at this http://www.ratbehavior.org/vomit.htm It explains why rats don't vomit.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

almost anything to be quite honest with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jptk View Post
    There are actually quite a few animals that don't have a vomit reflex. If you are interested, have a look at this http://www.ratbehavior.org/vomit.htm It explains why rats don't vomit.
    Pretty similar to horses, it looks like, just on a tiny scale, haha What others aside from horses and rats do you know of?

Edit: Nevermind, there's a list further on down that page that jptk posted on animals and it has whether or not they can vomit. So that's interesting.
    Last edited by KaydeeJayde; 09-01-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    Pretty similar to horses, it looks like, just on a tiny scale, haha What others aside from horses and rats do you know of?
    Rabbits, guinea pigs and various rodents apparently! It lists a few near the end of the page on the link I posted.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

This thread should have never been put through scrutiny firstly. If it looks wrong -especially what you guys firstly thought- ask about it before making wide assumptions.

This is an Emetophobia Forum - not a forum dedicated to recovery so it being counter productive is bullshit and there was no need of people saying so. If you don't like the thread, PM me with the reasons behind your "concern." As I said, if you had a problem with me using the wrong term, then tell me about it WITHOUT overreacting.

Simple and end of discussion honestly. Oh and, just because I insulted more directly, doesn't mean she didn't do passive aggressively with her snark sarcasm. I bet you'll probably argue this point and not the point before, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    This thread should have never been put through scrutiny firstly. If it looks wrong -especially what you guys firstly thought- ask about it before making wide assumptions.

This is an Emetophobia Forum - not a forum dedicated to recovery so it being counter productive is bullshit and there was no need of people saying so. If you don't like the thread, PM me with the reasons behind your "concern." As I said, if you had a problem with me using the wrong term, then tell me about it WITHOUT overreacting.

Simple and end of discussion honestly. Oh and, just because I insulted more directly, doesn't mean she didn't do passive aggressively with her snark sarcasm. I bet you'll probably argue this point and not the point before, once again.
    I love the "this is an emetophobia forum not a recovery forum" bit. Techincally, this forum seems to promote a recovery system. Upon my first impression of logging into this place it was a place for help to get better. not to wallow. If you use the community right, you might find yourself in a happier place. If you spew bs and dont use the community right (like not taking anyones advice ever and start cursing because you were wrong) then you'll probably find yourself where you are now

and no matter what, i 1000% believe you need help. take that as an insult (as you MOST likely will) looking back at your threads saying you're probably gonna kill yourself by the end of the year or whatever because of emet is not good. But what do I know? I didn't go through CBT and get over major emet obstacles or anything..

... What the heck do you mean the point before? The one about how the thread is counterproductive that we've already explained to you? Would you like me to go back and quote every time we've explained to you why this thread is terrible for people, even those not wanting to recover? Should I do that, would that make you feel better?

If you want your thread to be taken seriously and not scrutinised, write what you mean, and probably don't admit that if you'd said what you meant, you would have contradicted yourself. And the amount of times you HAVE contradicted yourself on your own thread is just uncanny, I've never watched someone dig themselves into so much of a hole before, to be quite honest with you. It's certainly been an experience. Furthermore, you didn't just use the wrong term for something, what you said was the wrong concept all together. Instinctive response and learned response are two completely different things. Separate ends of the spectrum. So no, it wasn't just "the wrong term", it was completely misinformed and obviously ill-researched.

May I please argue your last point now that I've addressed your previous point? Thanks.

Just because people are disagreeing with you, it doesn't make them bitches. Okay? Yeah, I've admitted I'm sarcastic, and yeah, they do say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but we tried to put this to you reasonably, and without sarcasm initially, but then you got defensive, and actually, I believe you got snarky first:

OMG wow guys. Whatever. I know what i'm talking about and vomiting only saves lives very rarely. VERY rarely.

Please explain how this is counter productive. Seriously.
    I suppose the "what would make v* less 'scary' for you?" thread is less counterproductive? There are too many posts that are counter productive here, so why start on mine?
    Also, the "that other thread was just as bad, why are you starting on mine, no fair!" kind of comment was a lovely touch, it really just accentuated this thread nicely. And I must admit, after being under the impression that you're a teenager all of this time, it's comments like that one that really threw me for a loop when you said you're actually 26.

And one last thing. Sarcasm is something that is generally perceived from tone of voice. Since you can't hear my voice, please explain to me exactly how you were so sure my replies were snarky, sarcastic and "rude" in the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    ... What the heck do you mean the point before? The one about how the thread is counterproductive that we've already explained to you? Would you like me to go back and quote every time we've explained to you why this thread is terrible for people, even those not wanting to recover? Should I do that, would that make you feel better?

If you want your thread to be taken seriously and not scrutinised, write what you mean, and probably don't admit that if you'd said what you meant, you would have contradicted yourself. And the amount of times you HAVE contradicted yourself on your own thread is just uncanny, I've never watched someone dig themselves into so much of a hole before, to be quite honest with you. It's certainly been an experience. Furthermore, you didn't just use the wrong term for something, what you said was the wrong concept all together. Instinctive response and learned response are two completely different things. Separate ends of the spectrum. So no, it wasn't just "the wrong term", it was completely misinformed and obviously ill-researched.

May I please argue your last point now that I've addressed your previous point? Thanks.

Just because people are disagreeing with you, it doesn't make them bitches. Okay? Yeah, I've admitted I'm sarcastic, and yeah, they do say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but we tried to put this to you reasonably, and without sarcasm initially, but then you got defensive, and actually, I believe you got snarky first:

Also, the "that other thread was just as bad, why are you starting on mine, no fair!" kind of comment was a lovely touch, it really just accentuated this thread nicely. And I must admit, after being under the impression that you're a teenager all of this time, it's comments like that one that really threw me for a loop when you said you're actually 26.

And one last thing. Sarcasm is something that is generally perceived from tone of voice. Since you can't hear my voice, please explain to me exactly how you were so sure my replies were snarky, sarcastic and "rude" in the beginning?

check and mate.

Check and mate? Hahahah! I don't need you cheer-leading your friend here so cut that out. I never said I didn't need help and leave my plans out of this discussion.

As I thought, you didn't address the questions before Assumptions point I was trying to make.

"An instinctive response is a response that is apparently pre-programmed into the brain, possibly due to evolutionary mechanisms."

I said another way to explain it would be we evolved to vomit. Does not that match instinctive response?

I called you a bitch because you kept on and on insinuating that I was some 12 year old with mush for brains. Since you CLEARLY noted that I couldn't hear you, which is obvious, then why do you think being sarcastic was the good thing in the first place? Seriously. it seems like you're the one missing massive amounts of brainpower. I lack logic with the phobia (which is to be expected), but you lack reading comprehension. Again, what are you trying to achieve by continuing?

I wish there were more active admins on this site so this whole thing can just be shut down and suspensions/bans can be handed out.

I really dont think we'd get banned lol

Not saying anybody would get banned, but temp bans seem more likely. No, not just for me either.

Once again, I've pointed out thousands of times already where we've answered your questions and why you were wrong. Read the whole thread again, cupcake, we'll wait for you.

... Done? Okay. See, your questions have been answered many. Many. MANY times over.

Also, I think you missed my point. I wasn't USING sarcasm to begin with. You just percieved my words that way obviously. You can't tell what tone of voice I was using. Actually, I was quite gentle in comparison to how I can sometimes be.

So somehow, I don't think that it's my reading-comprehension skills that need work. Mine are fine. Yours n the other hand... Maybe it would do to take a course or something? I'm sure they have reading and comprehension 101 somewhere for adults.

You ladies realize that you are now just arguing over the way you were each arguing? I've been catching up on everything on this one thread, and I have my own agreements and disagreements. But at the end of the day, I want you all to remember that you are grown people, and do not need to have the last word of every cyber-fight you get into. Come on, now.... People in their 20-somethings shouldn't be behaving this way- online or offline-, i would expect it from the younger ones on this site, but seriously... Lol.. Let it be done. ?
    Love, Peace & chicken grease!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Kaydee is rude and she needs to be taught that her personality is bitchy. I can't be the only one here who has actually stood up against her bitchiness. I don't care if I get in trouble. I wanted this thing to be done a while ago, but this woman thinks that she has something to prove, which she CLEARLY doesn't!

Where are the damned admins!? I shouldn't be timid to post threads in the GENERAL DISCUSSION without her or her parade stepping in to chastise a thread! As I said, ask questions before you assume and this could have ALL been avoided but yet she doesn't understand that! It AGAIN doesn't matter if you don't mean to come off as rude if the person who thinks so, believes you were!

You offended me, whether intentionally or not, and I acted on it. You don't think you are, but you were. End of the story. You. Are. Rude. Natured.

I want this thread to be destroyed. I don't want any more notifications. I don't want to be apart of this community anymore.

Well, nevermind

Kick emets a....

Oh you're such a drama queen. No one wronged you at all, relax.

The only reason I keep replying to this is that I hate being called a bitch when I haven't early the title. SVS has the right to stand up for her thread against me, and I have the right to rebut, and stand up for myself if I'm being called a bitch for no reason.

I told you the reason. You were rude to me so i acted similarly back.

I'm gonna abandon the thread so this can stop sooner than later.

The thing is, I wasn't rude initially. If that's all you have then you're really clutching at straws. Nce chatting to you <3

As I said again and again, even if you didn't mean to be rude, you were to me.

I heard this old wives tale and it turns out it is true. Since mice and rats can't v nor burp, they can die from drinking soda. In fact, it's a common poison and trap free way to rid homes of mice. http://www.superpages.com/supertips/to-kill-mice.html

Back to your regularly scheduled cat fight...

This thread is very OT now.
    Please just leave it now guys, if you want to continue arguing do so in PM.
    I know it's not my thread but I just think all this arguing is getting way out of hand.
    This isn't the place for that, I wish an admin would lock this thread...

~Those painful memories are what can help us make it to tomorrow, and become stronger. That goes for everyone - every human has that power within them. Walk tall. And, I, too will keep walking tall, ever onwards!~

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    I heard this old wives tale and it turns out it is true. Since mice and rats can't v nor burp, they can die from drinking soda. In fact, it's a common poison and trap free way to rid homes of mice. http://www.superpages.com/supertips/to-kill-mice.html

Back to your regularly scheduled cat fight...
    Interesting! Guinea pigs can't burp either, and I read it is unhealthy for them to have too many gas producing veggies such as broccoli, because it makes them bloated. That is my contribution to this thread.

Lol cheer leading? It's called agreeing. Wowzas!

I hope SVS takes a second to read that site maybe she will become more informed.