Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Seeing friend who's had a bug. Should I go?!

My best friend (also emet) had a bug in Saturday. She had d* 3 times b no v*. She was fine the next day. I know it was a bug as her sisters had had it throughout the previous week.

Her youngest son v* on Saturday. He managed to eat the same night. (He was with his dad though the day this happened).

Her oldest son v* two nights ago but has since been with her mother, and has managed to eat fine.

Im now about to go to the city and meet her and her youngest son. I, really close to the kids and I know he's bound to give me a hug.

Will I be safe?? I'm really unsure. :-( I'm also panicking in case she wants to come to ours later or something! :-(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Seeing friend who's had a bug. Should I go?!

I'm assuming you decided NOT to babysit for her. I guess I don't fully understand the panic. If you are concerned, wash your clothes after you see him. Unless you EAT the virus you can't catch it. My kids have had multiple bugs in the last few years but with the proper precautions, I haven't caught it. Don't touch your face while you are with him and shower after you get home/he leaves. You'll be fine.

Nope I didn't need to babysit the other day - my panic is because I saw them today still and it makes me anxious as to whether he is still contagious or not.

I came home and changed my clothes. I didn't give him a hug or anything, but he touched my legs and stuff while we were walking around. I'm hoping I've been safe.

I feel like I need to be counting down now though, and I'm worried because in 48 hours I'll be at a family BBQ so I'm going to be fretting!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please try not to fret. If he didn't touch your hands there is NO WAY you contracted anything from him. Your hands were clean, you are clean and the chance that he had any particles on him to begin with are minimal. 100% sure that you are FINE!!!