Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Awful Day Yesterday (Graphic)

Hey everyone!

I have been doing SO MUCH BETTER with my emet. but I am needing some support right now. Please, please, please be honest with me and tell me what you think. I don't usually get replies on here but would be SO appreciative if you could take the time to tell me what you REALLY think!

So, yesterday my boys and I were driving to do a little day trip. My youngest (4) said that he had to poop. He gets carsick so I always pull over ASAP and did yesterday even though we were only 15 minutes away from our destination! Anyway, we went into a gas station bathroom and I got him all set up to poop and heard someone else come in to the stall beside us. The sound of fluid (so sorry, it's gross) with 'solids' hitting the water started. It almost sounded like she laughed a bit, though I am not sure. Then I heard the toilet paper roll, and flush. THEN, it happened again, and again and again. I thought it was weird, and then I heard her spitting, so I assume she was v*ing. Here's the weirdest part - there was never a 'gag' sound, just the sound of the chunky (SORRY!) fluid. Sadly, it kept going. It went on and on and on! NO CLUE what was going on in there or how so much could come out of someone, but surprise, surprise, I didn't wait to find out! o, of course, because my son was in there for a few moments I am terrified that particles flew over the partition (I know, I know) and infected him. Do they go that high? Everything I've read (and I hate that I am reading it!) states 10 inches above the toilet when it's flushed, do you think that's accurate REALLY??

We went on our way after washing our hands and I forced myself to 'be in' the moment with him, but now that it's been over 24 hours I am finding myself sweating it out to the 48 hr. mark. We have a lovely wedding to attend tomorrow and I SO want to enjoy it and not sitting there reliving the sounds of yesterday!

Any thoughts would be SO helpful! Thanks for reading.

Default Re: Awful Day Yesterday (Graphic)

Gross, but I would say in no way contagious to you or your son.

I think you'll be both be fine. But what a terrible thing to have to listen to. Yuck!!!

Yuck! I had that happen in a stall next to me once and I will almost never use a public restroom unless its an emergency! I would say you will be ok though!

I think you and your son will be fine. How gross though! I'm sorry you had to hear all that. Maybe she's a bulimic. They can be extremelly quiet when they v. Practice makes perfect, I guess.

Source: My sister is bulimic.

Hugs, I am sorry you had to go through that... But i have to agree with Grace on this one... Bulimic's are quiet sneaky at getting sick. I hope you feel better soon and shake the feeling off...Sending you happy vibes and LOVE!!

That is so gross! I have no idea what that could of been, it could of been anything, but i reckon u and ur son will be ok
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you SO MUCH everyone for the help and support. We didn't get sick (surprise, surprise). My husband said the same about the possibility of her being bulimic, so sad if it's true! I think the fact that the weather has been so overcast and everyone is going back to school just has me in a tizzy. Thanks again for taking the time to reply, it means so much!