Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Keeley back to school😊

Keeley just finished her first week of school. She was able to attend all day for the first time since January. She was so concerned about having to take medicine for the first time at school and she did it! School was something that she loved and the one link to her friends that she thought she may struggle to regain. I did all I could for her to help her along at school...her teachers were all notified of the emetophobobia and her past struggles last year at school. Her teachers have been so supportive and my husband and I are fine with telling her story to anyone that needs to know so they better understand her issues. Keeley's Dad and I are so very proud of her... if anyone thinks that school isnt possible for them ... think Of Keeley and know if she did it... you can too. God Bless.

Default Re: Keeley back to school😊

I'm so happy another young emet was able to leave their home and go to school, enjoy life like everybody else!
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aw, this actually made me tear up a little to read. I'm so glad things are looking up for her. Please congratulate her for us!
    Come visit my history blog:

Yay!Good job,Keeley!

That is WONDERFUL! School can be the hardest thing to have to do each day with that level of anxiety. Great for her!

Aaww, this is amazing news! Well done Keeley. Things can only continue to get better and better. <3
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Great news momtecz. I have to say I look forward to when you post. I love how supportive you are of her and she is so lucky to have you and your husband. You both are doing a great job.

Your daughter is lucky to have such supportive parents to help her slowly get through this. My parents, though they tried therapy, did not have the same slow help you have given your daughter. Going to school was not an option. I had to go, no matter how terrified I was...and it did not help me get over my phobia. I'm long out of school now (going on seven years since high school). I made it through, though miserably so. Come November/December, when the stomach bugs start to hit hard, she will likely struggle, but we all do. I have zero doubt you and her doctors will help her through this coming sick season. I am very glad your husband is so supportive as well. My experience is most dads, including my own, can't deal with a fearful child well. I am also really glad her teachers are supportive as well. I nor my folks knew what emetophobia was when I had severe issues with it starting in grade school. My teachers overall were not helpful with my anxiety issues at all, so you don't know how great it is to hear teachers who truly do want to try and help and understand.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

That's great! Luckily you can't hear me, brits sound really sacrastic when they say that :P
    A big part of recovery is a good support system and by your posts you seem like a fantastic one! my parents are also really supportive and I'm getting better by the day! Keeley, and you, deserve this Glad to hear she's doing well, hopefully this is permanent!