Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Disney World Trip

So, my parents are treating my family to a Disney trip this coming weekend. We'll be gone for a week. I of course am a nervous wreck the boys are going to catch a sv* there that I'll be stuck in the room dealing with! Here's the kicker, my 8 year old had to have stitches last week and we're getting them out early to be able to use to pools there. His pediatrician oked that choice as long as we keep his hand (where the stitches are) super clean. I have been working with a therapist which has really been a help but now I am getting a 'green light' to go back to my old habits which I admit kind of makes me happy for the week. So, I've been instructed not to let him touch the handrails, wipe down the bars he's going to hold on the rides and to wash his hands whenever possible. Of course, with kids I won't be able to catch everything. My 3 year old still puts a lot in his mouth inclusive of his hands which drives me NUTS. Here's my question, how great are the chances in your HONEST opinion of them getting sick in the week that we're there? Thankfully it's a low crowd time, but I'm also very aware that there are people from all over the world in the parks and school is back in session. If you've taken the time to read this novel I SO appreciate it! I honestly can't wait for the week to be OVER! I wish I could enjoy our vacation but with two boys always touching everything I always just feel on edge in places like this. Again, please, please, please let me know what you REALLY think! Thanks!!!

Default Re: Disney World Trip

We go various times every year, and my kids are only 5 and 7 no. They did not get sick there at all or even after. Relax and enjoy. It is magical!

Sounds like fun! I think you and your family will be fine. Managing the little one's injured hand will be a trick, but I think you'll do fine. Have a great time!

I went to Disney Land last summer and didn't get the SV (went in the Fall) but did get a cold. I probably breathed in the molecules from someone else's sneeze or cough. No SV, though!

I know it's crazy, we go every year and nobody has ever had a sv*, but every year I do this post-trip freak out. My parents are already there and we leave Monday morning. I am just a wreck hoping that the boys don't catch anything. It's the lowest crowds of the year, so that's something, right??

I have only been once and that was 20 years ago. I am old, I know. But I remember they were constantly cleaning. It was one thing I really liked about the place. It was so very clean. Much cleaner than some of the other amusement parks I've been to. Have your pre trip freak out, then go have some fun!