Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Good Travel Sickness Tablets?

In about 3 weeks, I will be going on a very long bus trip (about 20 hours), and although I have never had travel sickness before, I've pretty much convinced myself that I'm going to get it. So.... To prevent this, what would be a good travel sickness tablet to take (considering that I live in Australia)?

In Australia, I don't believe that you can buy Dramamine.
    I have found a few other brands though that look alright:
    Kwells, SeaLegs, Travacalm

Has anyone tried any of these, or know if they do/don't work? Alternatively, if you have any other suggestions...?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Good Travel Sickness Tablets?

Not sure what brands are in australia but look for something with promethizine. You can find that in the UK in tablets such as avomine which can make people drowsy but if you're gonna be stuck on a bus for that long maybe it would be an added bonus. Also phenergan is really good at most types of nausea including travel sickness. I discovered several months ago that I can buy it from an online pharmacy in the UK which has been a big relief. Check online pharmacies in your country, I was surprised they were available, even found them for sale via amazon!!

Anything that has promethazine, dimenhydrinate, cyclizine, or meclizine will work. I would say especially so in your case since you are not known to be prone to travel sickness in the first place.

Thanks for the suggestions - I ended up purchasing both Kwells and Travacalm. I tested out Kwells on a flight last week, and I will probably try Travacalm for the bus trip. Apparently it has some anti-anxiety effect too, which is an added bonus!

Phenergan is absolutely the best (I have been motion sick since a baby). It might make you sleepy but I guarantee you will not throw up. I have even been on a ferry in a force 9 gale and been fine!