Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Can you mix Promethazine and Ondansetron?

Uhmm hi. will mixing 4-8mg of Ondansetron (Zofran) have any major effects with 25-37mg of Promethazine (Phenergan)? (I'm honestly not sure if I made this post before)

I heard about the moderate breathing problems associated with mixing the two, and since I have been having minor breathing problems, mixing wouldn't be the best idea. How much time should pass before I can switch?

My stomach is burning, and the upset if from acid -- that I'm sure of -- but I don't know. Just feeding my anxiety I guess.

Default Re: Can you mix Promethazine and Ondansetron?

You never mentioned being nauseated, only a burning sensation. Zofran and Phergan do not help with that. Try taking some chewable pepto. It works better for burning than Nexium did for me. While taking anti nausea meds may calm your anxiety from anxiety nausea, it will however make your body build up immunity. This results in the medications not working when you truly do need them.

Thank you for the response. I don't like taking chewy tablets, but I took 2 anyways and it did help. Thanks for the response.

take a look at the post by cupcake x last week about stage 1 liver failure......those drugs you are taking on a regular basis can be doing some major damage to your organs......if you have burning in your stomach you need an antacid not Phenergan......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's REALLY unfortunate for her and I really do hate this phobia that much more for her situation. The only good thing, if you can deduct anything good from that, is that our medicine is increasing dramatically over the last 3 years.

I however won't stop taking the meds. I don't plan on dying by a disease anyways.

That sounded very... "wrong." I'm not rejecting your worry, it's just that ahh, I don't know. I'm not owrried about Liver Problems or Kidney problems.

We really don't know that Cupcake's problems have been caused by antiemetics, but by her own admission she used them, probably too much, when her phobia was really bad and now she has this problem. At minimum, a suspicious correlation, and very kind of her to tell us about it. I normally don't abuse antiemetics, but at times I have used dramamine way more than I should have, and when things have been really hard, I've given in and used my promethazine often when I really intended to only use it when I was sick to try to prevent v*, so I'm obviously not here to throw stones. No one is telling you not to take your antiemetics, just a warning that they may not always be safe for everyone. I do think that they are probably safe for normal healthy people if taken as prescribed, when you need them and in safe doses for your application. The people here are just trying to make sure you use the most appropriate drug for your problem. Promethazine and onandestron of course are good to prevent v* and treat n* but probably will help a lot less than acid reducing drugs for a burning sensation or heartburn. As for mixing the two, you should really check with your pharmacist about the possible consequences of that. I've heard of antiemetic cocktails, but that is usually done for people receiving strong chemotherapy, highly emetogenic drugs like CISPlatin and similar where one drug alone may not get the job done, but these folks are usually seeking aggressive chemotherapy for a cure (shorter term treatment) or the cancer is pretty far gone and they won't be around long in any case. What I'm saying is that what you;re talking about may carry significant risks and you need to check with more authoritative sources to find out of you consider those risks acceptable. Unless I was in the above mentioned groups, I personally wouldn't for long term use, and even for short term, I'd want to make sure that there wasn't a risk of the drugs interacting to kill me. I hate v* with everything I am, but I really do want to continue to live.

You're right. I'll set up an appointment with my GI doctor to see about perhaps changing my prescription since Phenergan isn't working and that my acid problems are accelerating. I'll bring up Kidney, Gallbladder and Liver worries to see his expertise.

The issue is I've already exaughsted many long term acid thingies. I've tried "Prilosec" when I first moved here, but that caused nausea. I'm having more issues with Indigestion than actual burning.

Even now, my stomach feels like it hadn't cleared out. I've already had a gastric emptying study, and it said it was fine so i'm a little confused. I'm not anxious though.

See if your insurance will pay for Nexium. The whole time I was on it I never had ANY gastric problems. Its amazing!

Nexium? You said you didn't ahve any issues, but did you really go without nausea? Omeprazole destroyed me haha.