Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My son got sick last night in his bed. We didnt even know it til this morning. I went in there to get him up and ready for school and I smelled it!!!! I almost layed down in the bed with him!!!! I was partially in there when I looked at the bed and was like "What is this?!?" Then I knew. The most of it was under his covers. I got him up, put his sheets in the wash, and put him in the tub. "I" did all of this, even though hubby was home. Anyway, I dont know if this is a virus or something with the cold/sinus thing he has going on. My mother in law and one of my nieces had a virus this weekend. (Fri. and Sat.) I dont know if maybe he has a bacterial sinus infection or something, or maybe if he just cough too hard at some point last night and got sick. I dont know. My youngest daughters teacher had a bacterial sinus infection last week and v'd from it. I guess I just think it is odd that he didnt wake up and want us when he got sick. He is acting fine now, not like how he usually does when he is sick with a virus. Of course, you never know with children. I just hate all this stuff. Who here doesnt, right? Duh ............... Anyway, Im scared it is a virus, and of course as ususal I am scared if it is a virus I will get it and I am even more anxious today because I have to take my van to a dealrship to be fixed that is about and hour and a half from here. Wonder what I could take as a preventative or what I could take with me just in case.

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

Ok, my husband just got in from taking our daughters to school, and guess what?!?!?! My youngest v'd on the way to school. So now I dont know what is going on. She is fine now, they both are. I dont know what to think. My husband is going to take them to the doc at 11 am. I will try to update you guys after that.

Oh my! Well I wouldn't be surprized if they have a virus, but you said your youngest was sick on the way to school, was she nervous about the first day of school? Could that be it? I hope every thing is fine now Leigh. Let me know how you are? and what the doctor said.

Jennyleigh,

What a strange morning you are having. But, you seem to be handling it very well. Keep us posted.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Update us Leigh.

How is everyone...and how are you?

Leigh -

It seems impossible that this is happening to you again. Please keep us posted. I am sending thoughts, prayers and everything to you and your family.

Lisa

oh man. that really sucks. i hope everything works out. youll be okay. good luck with everything
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Leigh, how are you??

I think you did well handling it. Hoepfully, the doctor can tell why

your child got sick. It may not be a sv [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Keep us updated!

I have just joined here tonight. I am beyond desperation now. I have had this phobia about V**** and S*** for as long as I can remember. It has always been severe. My other half had food poisioning a few years ago and at 3am I drove 15 miles to my mums house so I could be away from him. Years before that I was in a minicab after a night out with friends. One of my friends was very drunk and was burping and felt S***. Another friend told the cab driver to pull over. At this point I had the car door open and went to get out of the moving car. My friend had to pull me back in and slap me round the face to calm me down.

Now I have two lovely children. A boy who is 3 at the end of this month and a new daughter aged 8 weeks old. My little boy felt S*** on Friday night and I was here on my own so I called my mum and she came round to help me. He wasn't S*** and seemed better. Anyway, early hours of yesterday morning he was crying in his bed. My other half carried him through to our room and on the way in he did it. I don't even like talking about it. We have a wooden floor. I don't want to say anymore about that as you must know what it was like. I ended up sleeping downstairs as I couldn't be in the same room as I was so scared he would do it again. My partner had to take the day off work to be here incase it happened again.

Now....... I just want to pack a bag and leave! Please don't think I am a bad mother and that I don't love my children. I would give my life for them but, the thought of being here again when one of them is S*** is just to much for me to take. I want to leave my children rather than be here if it happens again. I saw the doctor today to be refered for help but I'm not optimistic as I had phsycotherapy years ago and it was C**P to say the least. If I don't get help soon I will have to go as I have only had 4 slices of dry toast since Friday. I can't eat, I am that scared of it happening and worried that I will do it too! I have tablets from the doctor to take incase I feel ill. I don't want to talk about that either.

I need to talk to someone. I am so desperate I cannot explain it. If somebody told me I would do it at 6pm tomorrow night I would top myself before then rather than have that happen to me.

Please reply as I don't want to feel alone on this anymore.

Thanks for reading this xxxxxxxxxx

Leigh, how are you and the kids doing??? That sounds like Haley--she has v'ed twice in the past month, but then been fine. It's making me crazy, so I kknow how you feel!!!

Pookey, when my daughter was ill last weekend, I DID leave--for a couple of hours I had to!!!! My hubby took care of her while I took the other 2 kids out for a while, just to get away. You're not a bad mom, there is just one thing about kids that stresses all of us moms here out--past our breaking points!!! We understand, believe me!!

Hi pookey, i too, have just joined here this evening and please let me tell you that i can definitely sympathize with your feelings! I actually need to give you credit, for you are a stronger person than myself. I am 37 years old and have dealt with this phobia my entire life, and due to it, i will probably never have children for fear of morning sickness and also for the very reason you are upset at this time (you're children "V"ing). You had the strength and courage to bring life to your precious babies, and i firmly believe you will soon find in yourself, the nurturing mommy that i'm sure you want to be.

Please just relax, hun. I know it's easy for me to say, but i found that when i truly focus on another person's needs over my own, i become surprised at what i can accomplish. Also it sounds to me like you have a very understanding partner by your side :-) Let me know how you are doing, ok? God bless!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Hi Meercat.

Thanks for your reply and I am glad you too have joined here.

My partner is NOT understanding. He shouts at me and tells me to "Get over it". We argue about it. He is self employed. I begged him not to leave me on my own with my son yesterday but he said that he needs the money and he had to work. My tax credit money was paid into my bank yesterday. I gave him all of it except £10.00 to stay at home with me. He took the money too!!! I would gladly give a million pounds if I had it to not be here on my own.

I would feel so much reliefe if I just packed a bag and left. I love my children so much but I cannot cope with this. Now I have two children. Don't get me wrong... I don't wish they weren't here but if I knew then what I knew now I wouldn't have any children.

Please whoever reads this, don't think I am nasty, I really do love my children but my phobia is killing me.

Thanks again

Karen

xxx

Karen - You are not alone and you are not a bad mother. Every one of us emet parents know that feeling of wanting to flee when our kids are sick with v'g. Really - give me ANYTHING other than v'g and I can handle it. Try to remember all the things you do well as a mother. The good news is that it will get easier as your kids get older, and you can get through this. All the parents on this forum are living proof of that.

Well, I am finally home and able to have some computer time. My husband took our youngest two to the doctor this AM. My youngest has bronchitis. She did v* one more time after the docs appt. like 3 hours after she ate lunch. The second v* would have been about 8 hours after the first. Mu hubby gave her a phenagren suppository about 4 or 5 pm. So far so good. She is just kinda laying around. The doctor said my son just had alot of sinus drainage, but other wise is fine. he has been bouncing off the walls all day. The doc said he might have had a touch of a stomach bug. Then earlier this afternoon, my oldest starting complaining of her stomach hurting. The sick kinda hurt. That was at about 4 pm. She says her stomach still hurts, but she doesnt feel nauseated anymore. I hate this, sometimes it seems like when it rains it pours. I think I am just gonna keep them all out of school tomorrow, just to be safe. My children all have that sinus crude, I wonder if that is making things worse?

On a good note ............... I went to see a friend of mine today, she is like a second mother to me. She is 48 and her children are 19 and 21. I asked her how she ever got through raising them and dealing with them being sick. She said that she never got v* sick from the once. She said she had one time that she felt a little bad, but that was it. She said it was usually her hubby that got sick. That gave me a little hope. I used to live right behind them in the same neighborhood growing up and I know these children got pukey sick often.

Right now though, I just feel like running away!!!!

Anyway, this is where we are as of now.

Thank you all!!!!

Ok, now my oldest just v'd in her bed. I sure hope this is the end of this illness. I am so worried about myself getting it. I am freaking out!!!! My daughter says she feels so much better now that she v'd. She said she doesnt feel nauseous anymore. nor does her stomach hurt anymore.

What am I going to do?!?!?!!?

OMG, I feel so bad for you Leigh! I think at least you can be somewhat calm being that you know it's probably the sinus crap and not a sv. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Hang in there.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I am fairly sure this is an sv, unfortunately ............ [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] They all seem fine now. My ten year old wanted to eat not long after she did it.

Now I am just worried about myself getting it, I am sleepy and want to go to bed, but scared.

That is horrible! Did your oldest have the sinus stuff too? It doesn't sound like a sv. Even the doctor found other reasons and we all know how fast doctors come to the conclusion "it's just a sv." Hang in there - I'm sure you will be fine. Especially if it is all sinus related - even if you get the sinus stuff your body is more developed and able to handle it. I'll be on tonight if you want to talk!

OMG! I would be in panic attack mode so bad if I were you! You are doing FABULOUSLY though. I hope all your kids feel better soon, and that you can be calm for the next few days. Isn't back to school great??[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Hang in there hun!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Pookey and Meercat....welcome. I hope you can find many great friends and emets to help you with your daily struggles as I have.

Pookey....no offense, but your other half sounds like a jerk! My ex was the same. I understand why you are so upset, and plus having a newborn cannot help at all b/c of your hormones, lack of sleep, ect! Good luck....self-employed men are BAD for "having to work", my ex-husband was the same, actually still is.

But, on a positive note, welcome to both of you! Be strong!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

sillygirl, I would love to chat, but my yahoo messenger is messed up ............... unfortunately.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

You are right Leigh when it rains it pours. I feel for you right now. You have washed your hands etc right? You should be fine. When my sister was sick and then her kids, then Tyler and my father, I didn't get it and believe me I was surprized! My NP told me on Friday that I wouldn't get it because I took all precautions and she was right. I made myself busy so the "sickness" wouldn't be on my mind and it worked. I caught something else.
    I feel so sorry for you right now, going through the same thing with Tyler on Friday morning I really feel your anxiety.
    Please let us know how you are coping.
    You have done really great handling this situation.

LEigh, that sounds exactly like what Haley had last week--she woke up from a nap and said her tummy hurt, she had a semi-diarrhea poop then she v'ed once (but a large amt.) then she was fine--she wanted to eat a little after, too, so I gave her some dry cereal and she was back to normal the same night!!

I am so sorry you had to go through it, but hey, maybe this will be the only SV all year--and it wasn't as bad as it could have been and you handled it WONDERFULLY!!

Leigh - This must just be awful for you. I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you can take comfort in the fact that many people have raised their kids and not caught the sv's. You are coping so well, and it will be over soon. Thinking of you!

My children are bouncing off the walls this morning, you would never know anything was ever wrong with them. I got through it this time, but I am already dreading the next time, isnt that sad?

I hope I am safe from getting it, maybe so. I did manage to sleep some last night.

Thank you all for being here!!!!

Leigh I am so sorry you have had to deal with all of this. You have definitely had your share. Maybe it is all over and done with and you will be "sv free" the rest of the fall/winter. I certainly hope so. I admire you for handling it so well!

Jess