Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I’m new here

Hey

I just wanted to say that I never knew that what I was going through was real. I have read what other people on here have said and they are doing things that I have done for years. Like plugging my ears, closing my eyesand humming during v* scenes in movies, getting my sister to preview movies for me so that I can avoid v* scenes (I love the film list!!!), I avoid using public washrooms at all costs, and I hate being in big crowds such as a classroom.

I think I am a little different from other people on here because I do not have a fear of myself v* but of other people. I go into a panic when I think someone near me is going to. Are there other people like this too?

I just want to say that I am so glad that there is a name for this and that I am not alone.

Welcome[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Welcome! i'm afraid of both, but i've met people that are just afraid of others...so you're not alone!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hi there, welcome to the group! I'm also afraid of both myself v*iing and others, but like Anya said there are many members here who are like you and only fear others.

Tracey
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Welcome windsorgirl!! If I am correct you live in Windsor which is about 3 hours away from where I live![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yes I am living in Windsor Ontario. I am going to school here. Where do you live in Ontario?

Hi and Welcome....hope you find comfort here.....I fear both myself and others V.....K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Hi and welcome. Yay, another fellow Canadian. I'm in Alberta, so pretty far from you guys! I'm afraid of both, just for the tip! LOL!

Crystal [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I live about 20 minutes from Orangeville, Ontario

Windsorgirl,

My phobia, eventually was only of others...and it was incredibly severe. You can go to the EXPERIENCES thread and click on the sticky links at the top STORIES OF BEING CURED or something like that, and find my story.

Welcome to the site!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.