Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help, having a crisis

Hi guys.

I'm 20, havnt v'd since I was 8.
    Just had a curry at a restauraunt and immediately had d, but i beleive i have ibs, and im getting a feeling of heartburn, which ive had for a few days anyway on and off, and a feeling of needing to burp.

Does needing to burp mean im going to v?
    Im having anxiety attacks over it and getting myself worse, someone please talk me down?

Thanks in advance...

Default Re: Help, having a crisis

Do you actually feel like you may v* or are you going into panic mode cos of the d*. I also had bad d* last night, I was woken at 3 this morning & had to rush to the toilet. For nearly 2 hours I felt dreadful, felt like I was gonna v* & went into a full blown panic. I was shaking & pacing around my bedroom. Have slept all day & still feel yuk but have managed to eat a small amount so am hoping the worse is over.

If you have IBS certain foods can definitely trigger a flare up & Im sure curry could be a common one. Dont think fp would come on that quickly. Also if youve been suffering with an unsettled stomach for a few days maybe the spicy food just was a step too far. Take some antacids & try to talk yourself out of a panic attack. Im sure you are going to be fine.

It wasn't anything spicy though, I don't know what's triggered it.
    Its stopped for the time being, maybe because I'm `empty` or something, if I was I'll would it carry on?

Perhaps it just didnt sit right. Sounds like your stomach has been a bit sensitive of late so maybe you would have got d* anyway. How do you feel apart from this? If it was a sv Im sure you wouldnt have been able to eat a curry or any kind of meal.

Bloated, my stomach is rumbling nonstop, need to burp, panicky.

I kind if know its all in my head, but its that little bit of doubt makes me really panic.

Indigestion causes all of your symptoms as does IBS. Its the anxiety thats the problem at the moment, what do you ususally do to calm yourself down at these times? If you are able to go for a walk for a bit of fresh air, talk to someone who understands or try distracting yourself by watching some tv or reading or anything that works for you. Are you still in the restaurant?

No, had to rush home.
    I usually just watch TV, as I'm doing now.

I think II'm past the worse of it, sometimes all you need is to talk to you and reassure you. Thank you so much, I'm sure I'll be back here at sometime in the future.

Good to hear you're feeling better now. Sometimes just being in a safe environment is enough to calm you down. Glad to have helped