Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Unhappy Please help.. Awful cold and feel terribly n* :(

This cold is even worse than the one I had in June as I can't even talk. My voice has completely gone. I haven't got much of a blocked nose and sore throat anymore thankfully, but oh my God, I feel soooooooo n* and hot... :'( I've had some toast this morning and couldn't taste it. I can't even taste mint... Is there anything that I could take for the n*? I've already taken four pain killers today as my glands are really swollen and I feel achy all over. I haven't got any Motilium left as well... This is the worst n* I have ever had and I know that me being worried sick about it isn't helping either. I'm also on my period which makes it 10x worse. I don't know what to do.. I wish I could actually sleep but I can't. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, I keep needing to cough which makes the n* worse. How can I stop the coughing? Would appreciate some suggestions. Thank you. <3
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Please help.. Awful cold and feel terribly n* :(

Awww that sucks i had a nasty cold back in may and was so ill with it, and it lasted nearly 3 weeks! For the cold i'd recommend dosing up on lemsip and throat sweets and for n* theres a really good anti emetic called buccastem u can get over the counter in boots or motillium or ginger works quite well..Hope u feel better soon! xx
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do you have Vick's Vapo Steam over there? If you do, it works wonders. Do you have a vaporizer? That should help you breathe easier. In the US, we just take antihistamines, but I don't know what's available where you live. I take Zyrtec for my allergies and it helps loads. Your n is probably from posal nasal drip and if you can dry that up a bit, you'll probably feel a whole lot better. In the meantime, sending virutal hugs and chicken soup.

Thank you so much Grace and butterfly. I had some chicken soup and ginger last night and I felt better for a while, then I started to feel really bad again. I think I have the flu but I'm not sure. I get reaaaally hot but am shaking like a leaf at the same time.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"