Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Daughter is sick, freaking out a bit!

So I will start this out by saying that I have been feeling nauseous and having a little bit of diarrhea for the past few days. Finally feeling better today. Well this morning my 15 month old daugther seemed totally fine and ate her breakfast drank her milk and was playing. All of a sudden she got really upset and about 5 minutes later v up everything she ate that morning, all over me!!! She was pretty fussy right after but then seemed completely fine about 10 minutes later. Continued playing, no fever just acting like herself. I am kind of freaking out as if it is something contagious I have been exposed and its pretty much impossible to contain at this point!! Advice? How do I stay calm? My husband goes out of town tomorrow and I am terrified I will be alone and sick taking care of a sick baby!

Default Re: Daughter is sick, freaking out a bit!

Well, you said that you've been feeling under the weather the last 2 or so days, so I don't think you have to worry about anything hun. It takes more germs to get us sick than a baby.

Try to get some fresh airor listen to music.

Something i've tried out that is working over the last few days was to fill up my bath with cool water and let my shower run softly under my head with warm water. Calms me down instantly.

You can do this. She ok now??

Cynna/Marty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

It's hard to tell if she ate too fast or if it's just one of those baby things. Kids that age seem to v really easily and it often doesn't mean anything. I'm sorry you got ved all over. I think it's happened to most of us parents. Luckily, your husband is home today to help you deal with this. You should know soon what is wrong. *hugs*

Hey everyone. It's been about 2 hours and nothing else has happened. She seems a little fussy just not sure what the deal is? She didn't eat anything out of the ordinary other than some papaya.

My son would do that from time to time as a toddler and I often wondered if it was from drinking his milk too fast. I think you are fine, it really doesn't sound like it's contagious, when my babes got bugs it was just a one v* and done sort of thing. Keep her off of the milk and give her food that's gentle on the tummy. You'll be ok!!!!

not sure if it was drinking milk too fast, she had her milk at 7 then ate breakfast finishing around 8:15, v around 8:30.

Now it's been close to 4 hours, correct? I think that you are totally in the clear. Something just didn't sit right. Toddlers v* so easily it really could have been anything! If she's acting normal and able to keep down fluids I REALLY doubt that it's a virus.

Thanks, yeah it has been awhile. She was acting really hungry so we fed her some saltines and cheerios and shes happy running around the house/outside. So strange. Really dont know what that was all about! Im forcing myself to not freak out and sanitize everything, its just impossible to do that with kids i think and it would just make me crazy!

Good for you! If her hands are clean and there isn't any vomit on her than you are safe. No need to freak out!

Well, there is no visible vomit on her and we tried to wash her up but you know how that goes, in my mind its everywhere! On the bright side, she has now had crackers, cheerios and milk and its been an hour and a half. She is perfectly happy and has had no other incidents. Seems like it was just a random thing, hopefully nothing contagious.

If she has kept down milk it's certainly a random thing! It could have even been postnasal drip from the night before. Sounds like she's doing great and like there's nothing for you to fear!

One of those unexplained random one-off vomits that kids like to do occasionally to test us emet parents glad she's ok now, I really don't think there's any need to worry

Toddlers V all the time. Their little tummies are still adjusting to new and different foods and feelings and bowel movements. Never anything to worry about unless accompanied by a fever Hope you're feeling better