Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So anxious about getting sick

I have been having TONS of anxiety lately about V*... Ive been naseous the last like week every morning (at least I think i have been bc i cant tell the difference between anxiety and being naseous) its so frustrating. I really do feel naseous which then turns into anxiety and then i take a klonopin. Im so sick of emetaphobia getting in the way of living my every day life. I cant afford to go to CBT right now and im on medication and have a PRN but i want to stop being afraid!!! How can i tell the differnece between actually being naseous or just having anxiety?! They go hand in hand with me just need some advice from people who understand my fear and cab relate. I havent V* in like 12 years and the thought makes me absolutely crazy ;( please someone help me

Default Re: So anxious about getting sick

You need to learn how to relax. Go online and learn the art of belly breathing. Put on some calming music and practice it. Every day. Sick nausea comes on slowly where you don't really know what it is and then increases. There is NO doubting it. It's a drag but really nothing to be afraid of. It's short, though not sweet! Sounds like yours is all anxiety. Learning to calm yourself down is key. For now, put your head between your knees and force yourself to picture something calming. The beach, a country landscape. Whatever makes you feel calm and safe. Remember that feeling change. You aren't 'stuck' in this and these feelings will pass. Breathe!

Default Re: So anxious about getting sick

I'll be direct: You know you're not sick and going to V because it would have happened at the beginning of last week (when you first felt nauseous). It hasn't happened at all - for 12 years in fact, and I'll bet you've felt nauseous a billion times during those years. Your nausea is all anxiety induced. Go sit in a quiet spot, look towards the floor, close your eyes and breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth slowly - 15 times. You will feel yourself begin to relax. If 15 times isn't enough, do it 30. Continue until you feel more in control.