Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Oh no Ive got d* & think Im gonna v*... HELP :(

Its 3 o clock in the morning & Ive just suddenly awoke & had to rush to the toilet & had bad d*. Im absolutely terrified that Im gonna v*. Ive been feeling n* for hours & had upset stomach but this is a new & frightening situation. I cant stop shaking & the nausea is getting stronger. Somebody help Im terrified

Default Re: Oh no Ive got d* & think Im gonna v*... HELP :(

Awww....so sorry you're not feeling well. Do you have any antiemetics? Even Benadryl or Dramamine? Just to be on the safe side. Or pepto bismol...how about ginger?? Tea maybe? Just try to relax as best you can...your anxiety is making you feel that way. Remember you have a lot of power over your body and can prevent it. Hope you are okay.

Thanks for replying andee. Im so scared words cannot express it. I took max dose of phenergan several hours ago & took another 50mg half hour ago but nothing is helping. It must be a sv & that fills me with terror

*hugs* Get well soon, Claire. Sending lots of ++++ thoughts your way.

Thank you grace. This is bad. I need to go to toilet again but Im scared if I give in then Im gonna v* whilst Im in there. Im hot then cold & just feel completely horrible

Just been again I know how pathetic I sound but this is so scary. How likely is it that I could actually stop myself from v* even if its a sv or fp? Im always so careful with hygiene but I do eat lunch at a local cafe every day Im in work, including saturday. I nearly always eat chicken & lettuce sandwich & have never had a problem before. Now Im thinking how stupid Ive been letting strangers make my food. Who knows how safe the chicken was or if anyone handling food is infectious. Think Im going into meltdown

Some people claim they can. Honestly, I can't.

Don't take any more meds - if medication can stop you from vomiting, I'm sure that the amount you've taken is more than enough.

Oh, and that's your emet talking. I eat out almost every day, nothing has ever happened to me. Don't stop eating from the local cafe even if it's it - there are many things that may cause vomiting.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks ana. Ive been pacing for almost 90 minutes & Im exhausted. Ive managed to sit down which I dont normally do when I feel sick but my stomach is still making loud gurgling sounds & Im afraid that I might need to go again & maybe the v* is still to come. Its 4.34 in the morning & Im so tired but dont want to wake up suddenly with urge to v* or have d*. I havent taken anything to stop the d*. I think that if theres some sort of bug that needs to come out its better to get it out through d* than the dreaded v*

How are you feeling now? Hopefully if it is a bug you can just poop it out. You should try to sleep though, your body needs the rest. If it makes you feel better take a bucket with you just in case. You can do this, I know it's scary but you can get through this. Hugs...

100mg is a lot of Promethazine to take in that short of a timeframe, and trust me, I take similar dosages but i can say that that much Promethazine isn't gonna help honestly.

​If you are suffering with a SV, which I don't think you are, your pills aren't likely to digest to prevent it anyways.

Thanks everyone for your help last night.

I fell asleep around 5am thanks in part to the tranquilisers I took. I have slept most of the day but have managed to eat a small amount of food. Im still not feeling that great but am hoping that the worse is over. Thankfully tomorrow is my day off work so I can just rest up & try to get better. My head is banging though & my stomach is still making odd noises & feels unsettled.

It sounds like the worse has passed so that's good. People wit a Stomach Virus usually don't even entertain the idea of food. Happy that you're feeling at least a little better than yesterday

Its been a couple of days since I had d* but I still feel unwell. Have basically slept most of the time & when Im awake my head hurts so much & I ache all over. Not eating much either & Ive already decided not to go into work tomorrow as even showering seems to much of an effort at the moment. As long as I dont v* I can cope though!