Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sugar Binge!!!

Default Sugar Binge!!!

I went to the store last night of course hungry. So I really went to buy some fruit, meat and a cake for my son. Well I ended up buying bearclaws and those individual pies. So before bed I had a pie and 2 bearclaws. Woke up a little nauseated around 4:30. Woke up a little funky. Had 2 cups of coffee, a bearclaw, a lemon pie and then a piece of cake. I feel aweful. How do you stop a sugar binge? I do this every now and then. I always feel horrible but I can't control myself when it comes to sweets. And I will seriously go out if my way to hunt down sugary snacks.

Default Re: Sugar Binge!!!

Maybe switch to foods that have artificial sugar or sweeteners instead...?
    Willpower is the only way really, there is no easy way. It's like a diet, you just have to stick to it and believe you can do it.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I dont keep it in the house, and if i want a sweet snack i will buy one treat not multiple treats.... that way i get my sugar fix and dont feel guilty doing so.

Is there any chance you have a gluten intolerance? I am only asking because all of those foods have a high wheat content. People with food intolerances crave their intolerant foods and are unable to control their cravings for them. You may want to try switching to a gluten free diet for a couple of weeks (it takes two weeks for gluten to completely clear your system). If the cravings go down, you know wheat is something you should probably avoid in the future. I only mentioning this because all the foods you mentioned are pasteries. It's not like you were drinking loads of sodas or eating lots of candy. It seems like it's not just sweets you crave, but also wheat. I could be totally off base, but it's worth a shot.