Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What was your worst panic attack?

Mine was when I went to Germany with my school, and without my family. I would forget my meds, we were jetlaged and I wasn't used to the food. I had d* really bad, and I ended up pacing the hallways trying to calm down. I felt so guilty for this because It was like midnight, but the teacher who hosted the trip was very nice and helped talk me through my panic attack. Soooooooo....... what was your worst?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: What was your worst panic attack?

Aw I'm sorry to hear you went through that.

Well, I always say that I've never had panic attacks, but I guess I may have, I call mine anxiety attacks. I've had quite a few of them, each time usually being the same sort of scenario. However one of the worst anxiety attacks (though I think this was a panic attack tbh) was in the summer of last year. I went to bed and probably with 5 minutes of just laying there I suddenly felt really sick because the thought of v* came into my mind, my anxiety just spiralled within minutes. I was up all night, I think the low point was around 4am literally shaking and feeling so ill and low. It was awful, in those moments you do actually think "I can't get over this" but you do, strangely.

However my emet is still bad unfortunately

Default Re: What was your worst panic attack?

I have had anxiety attacks but panic attacks only twice in my life and they have been unique! oh my god.. they were for sure environmental and they were in December 2010. I don't like to blame anyone but as bad as my emet is... it's always WAY worse with my mother. I had my first panic attack after xmas dinner once all the family was sleeping... my whole family lives in Mexico and one of the reasons I left my home to live in the US was because of my multiple issues with my mother and the harm I would feel it causes me to be around her.
    I started feeling excessive nausea and I was extremely but extremely weak, I was sweating cold and I just wanted to faint so I stop feeling that hell or so I don't throw up. Obviously my only concern was not throwing up.. I was praying like crazy and I started searching for doctors on the internet LOL... in a panic attack you just lose your mind completely.. all my focus was on the moment I would throw up. It did not happen, for sure there is more suffering in those anxiety and panic attacks than in the actual act of vomiting.
    I have only thrown up like... two or 3 times in my life that I recall, last one been in the summer of 2006.
    My second and last panic attack was during new years eve dinner. OH GOD that was TERRIBLE. At least the xmas one, I was alone in my room and nobody there to see my reactions, but during new years eve dinner... we went to some relatives house, there were like 30 people.. a BUNCH of food, late at night, music, drinks and i just suddenly started to feel waves of heat through my body and again excessive nausea as they were praying around the table to bless the food. I started asking God to have mercy on me and to please not let that happen there in front of people. I'm terrified of vomiting alone but with people around it gets even worst. I left their prayer and went to the street to take fresh air and to beg for mercy pacing back and forth and crying... then my mom comes out to ask me what can she do for me. i just hugged her and said "this is hell, this is hell i want to die" and hen i pushed her back and I asked her to leave me alone... both attacks lasted between 15 and 30mins.

I have not had one ever since thanks God.