Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation What are my chances...?

So I'm really curious...
    I've only v* once in my life, about 5 years ago (before I started washing my hands a lot). I am a HUUUUUUUGE emetophobe and I was wondering... What are the chances I could get sick again? I don't want to get sick again, like... EVER. I do everything to protect myself (washing my hands, not touching my face, keeping my distance around sick people, etc.). Is it possible to go a REALLY long time without getting sick? I worry about this stuff so much.
    Also, I'm going to college next summer and I was wondering if anyone has ever made it through college without v*ing. I'm really scared of the whole public/shared restrooms thing and I'm afraid my roommate will be someone who gets sick constantly. Are there any tips or pointers? Thanks.

Default Re: What are my chances...?

I made it through college without vomiting.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not likely you'll go the rest of your life without vomiting, but it's possible, I suppose. I got through university without vomiting, but I never lived on campus.
    Come visit my history blog:

I threw up when I was 11, and then after that not again until I was 27.....and then it was just heaving with nothing coming out because my stomach was empty (I had noro that time). It's possible!

I went through 4 years of school and 2 years college without V

~Those painful memories are what can help us make it to tomorrow, and become stronger. That goes for everyone - every human has that power within them. Walk tall. And, I, too will keep walking tall, ever onwards!~

I went through college living in the dormitories without coming down with sv* however I did v* once or twice from alcohol intoxication. Blegh. Learned my lesson about drinking very quickly ... I don't do it anymore.

I made it through college without v*ing, and I lived on campus the entire time. I v*d once when I was 9, and then not again until I was 23. I haven't v*d since then and I'm nearly 32. The only other tip that I can give, unfortunately with no actual proof, is to keep your room cool and get fresh air in as often as you can. Don't freeze yourself, but germs live longer in warm, stuffy rooms with stale air. I'm guessing that's why everyone gets sick in the winter time. I always had one window open in my dorm room, even if it was just barely open on a frigid winter day. Again, I don't know it actually worked, but I felt better because of it.

I wish you luck with the roommate situation. Unfortunately you have no control of that, at least for freshman year. By the end of the first year, or even the first semester, guaranteed you'll find someone who you'd be comfortable having as a roommate. You never know, you may end up growing close with the same roommate you get at first! I still get together with my college roommate regularly over 13 years later. My roommate is non-emet, but he also made it through college without v*ing, despite of the amount we drank!