Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help me!!!

Exclamation Help me!!!

I wasn't too worried about it before, but 2 days ago someone v* right next to me. She only V* a little bit, but it was way too freaking much for me... I froze and stared at it, and I couldn't look away even though I wanted to. Then the shakes started, and my friends who were with me who knew about my phobia said that we should go somewhere else, and I did. She was happy and jumpy before and after, though today she said she felt a little off before she got sick. My waiting period is 4 days, and I've got 2 days to go. I'm finding it so hard to wait that long knowing that I could get sick. Even though I'm trying to get over this phobia, I really need assurance right now.

I know I've posted something similar to this 2 days ago, but I'm freaking out right now.

Default Re: Help me!!!

I think after two days you should be good. The CDC says incubation for noro is 24-48 hours, and rarely 72. No need to worry for four days.

I'm so sorry, I'd be freaking out as well.

In fact, I am. yesterday at school I was sitting with a girl and touching all the same things because we were partners. She then suddenly put her hand up and said "I feel sick, in fact I can feel it rising in my throat". I obviously ran from the classroom. Then proceeded to be near her for some parts of the morning. Because she didn't go home. I haven't gone in today. In fact I've refused to ever go again. Because it's a hospital school and I've only started a bit ago and it's already happening.

Looks like were in the same boat. I would love to say you will be ok. But I'm really not sure. I mean I'm still in panic mode and your problem is much worse than my. I hope you washed your hands after it happened. I am sure you did though. I hope you feel better soon. I think you will be fine though...

Thanks, guys. The thing about getting a panic attack is that it makes you feel nauseous even if you're not sick. Happens every time.
    I'm going to aim for my 'waiting period' to be reduced to three days (eventually)

If it's been 2 days i wouldn't worry too much you'll be fine
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.