Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Need some reassurance

This is probably ridiculous, but I wanna ask anyway. My English teacher canceled class because of illness. On Tuesday she was back and said that her whole family came down with the flu. It didn't seem like it was the actual flu because she didn't sound sick or anything and the illness was really short lived. Anyways, she passed back papers on Tuesday. Could I get it just from touching my paper that she graded?? I feel like germs are everywhere!

Default Re: Need some reassurance

I don't think so. Viruses aren't that easy to catch. Germs are indeed everywhere, but that's not a reason to worry - they make our body stronger.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Need some reassurance

No, you couldn't get it from just touching the paper, but I would not touch it and then put my fingers in my mouth or eat something I'd touched without washing hands, etc. I suppose if she graded the paper at home while she or her family was sick, and the paper was either in the room when someone actually v****ed (unlikely) or was touched by someone who had just been sick and didn't wash their hands, then I think it is at least remotely possible that the paper might contain the germs. But still, you couldn't get it from just touching it.