Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Social Phobia?

Default Social Phobia?

I was out all day today for a wedding and I noticed that I suffer from Social Anxiety... like badly. It was based off of my fear though - I was more worried about associating because I was constantly thinking about my stomach. I couldn't have fun, because I was thinking about my stomach... Like, I couldn't do anything because of my anxiety. Made me feel worthless honestly.

Anybody have any form of social anxiety?

Default Re: Social Phobia?

Sometimes my anxiety prevents me from jumping right into the fun/socializing, but once I start talking to peoe my mind stays busy and I end up havig a great time.

I experience this a lot, the best thing is to just try and not think about it, trust me you won't regret it.
    "Free speech is like money, some just have a lot more of it than others"

Formerly GuitarFreak

It's easy not to think about when I'm by myself, but when I'm at a wedding for 7 hours... it's kinda impossible to ignore.

I know exactly what you mean, i've been suffering a bit with this atm too. I think it's kinda like the thing of once you've forgotten it, you remember you've forgotten it, so you're back to square one again!

It may be best for you to gradually begin reengaging in social events rather than taking on a big 7 hour deal. Go to a movie, or just out for coffee. Do it until you're not anxious. Then build up from there. You can do it! Don't let a silly thing like tummy pain get in your way!