Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New member, hypnosis?!

Hi, I'm new to this and my names kara and I'm 17 years old from Australia, Melbourne.
    I've suffered from Emetophobia for almost 6 years now.
    I want to try hypnotherapy, but I wanna know if anyone has tried it? And the success rate?

More people to reply the better
    Thank you!

Default Re: New member, hypnosis?!

I'm curious too...

hey kara, welcome same age, also live in melbourne.

sucess rates with hypnotherapy vary alot, some people are almost completely cured, while for others they just feel relaxed during the hypnosis without benefit. but either way, theres nothing to lose so its worth a try. i went to a hypno session twice about a year ago. i think it really could have helped me if i'd kept going, but at the time it was really inconvienient getting to the hypno place- its in East Burwood, which was about a 40 minute drive for us. once i get my liscence i think i'll go back to be honest.

i've heard that you have to be careful finding hypno therapists, but i'd recomend the therapist i went to, she's part of this international hypno program, and has all the hypno-y qualifications. the other thing is she specifically treats emetophobia (among other phobia's and anxiety disorders, depression,etc) the link to her site's below

http://www.lizhogon.com/
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 <3 <3
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <3 <3 <3

I have been emailing her but I cannot travel that far with my Emetophobia unfortunately, so I'm trying to find a good local one in frankston area

yeah that would be a bit of a hike from frankston, it was long enough from bentleigh i'll keep my eye out for any services in your area and post on here if you like

<3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Well if you have KIK we can chat on there? kara180496

Or just text me 0490 131 783

uhm.. i actually dropped my phone down a drain a few weeks back. ($50 nokia, but still)

do you have facebook? i'm pretty much always online, let me know if you want me to ad you

<3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Yeah just type in Facebook and at the end of Facebook . Com write /missy.pyromaniac

The forum won't let me type in my Facebook on here haha

added- dp is me as a kid wearing sunnies

<3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3