Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: stupid question

Default stupid question

Ok I am a bit panicky right now, sorry. My baby vomited and it freaked me out. So I sit here and worry that she somehow picked up a stomach bug. She hasn't been out since last Monday and I was out Friday but not with her. This fear really makes you irrational. I am always afraid of picking something up and her catching it off my clothes or bags etc. Someone please tell me I'm stupid and stop worrying so much. I did give her a new food today so maybe she had a reaction to it. I noticed she was coughing and sneezing some. Oh who knows. Just had to tell someone to help me through my panic attack. I feel so bad for her. Poor baby, I just want to cuddle her and help her feel better. I hate this

Default Re: stupid question

Aw, poor girl How old is she? Introducing new foods can sometimes cause an episode. I hope thats all it was. U have to keep in mind, that babies (and plenty of toddlers) often vomit for no apparent reason. Her stomach may be adjusting to or rejecting that new food. Or she may have just been full and didnt burp enough. Usually when they are still little, they dont catch viruses like we do. if she has no diarrhea or fever, u def shouldnt worry.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

she is 6 months and also my 5th. You think I would know this stuff. I do but sometimes when you hear it from someone else it helps you make better sense of it. She is breast fed so her poop is runny no matter what. Didn't notice a fever either. She might have a tooth coming in.

Been two hours I think . She's been sleeping. Hope she stays sleeping a while.

She got up, she ate. Let's see how this goes. Shiver shiver

Thats great! She definitely isn't sick Shake it off, mama! U did good
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Much better. Still cranky, teeth I'm pretty sure. Thanks for listening.

I'm glad you and your baby are doing much better. It sounds like it was a tooth at the bottom of it.