Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, so my husband came home from working 3rd shift this am and asked me how I was feeling b/c I have had a sv since sunday night.....and have felt horrible with D...no v...but just insanely feeling like crap....sweats...nausea the works...so he comes in and tells me he v at work last night...soon after he got to work....then he worked all night long and said he stomach still felt sort of off this am....so now i am scared that my boys will get it next....this is so s***ty...i hate this crap and wish it would all go somewhere to another planet and leave us alone........I am still having D today...and feel sort of bad but way better than yesterday.....I just want to know if anyone thinks my boys will catch this now...I am starting to panic now...K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

They may get it kate. Its hard to say. I hate this to,I really do. How are you handling with yourself being sick? God I hope you feel better soon and that they boys don't get it.

I am so so sorry!! I don't let my girls use the same bathroom my husband has used to be sick in--even if he was sick from drinking--I am just weird--I mean, an emet, like that!!! Make sure their hands are clean!! I know, the agony of waiting is just the pits!! Let us know!

Yes thankfully we have separate bathrooms...and so that helps...and the fact that he got sick at work not at home....but I am still scared...I will keep you all posted as the week progresses...thanks...K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kate - So sorry you have to deal with this. I hate it - I want a vaccine. Just do your best to stay away from your kids. Have your husband limit his contact with the boys too, if he will. They are old enough to prepare food for themselves for a couple of days.

On a positive note, I had the respiratory flu for about 10+ days last year. I felt awful, and was sure my kids would get it since I am the only parent. I washed my hands etc, and my kids did not catch it. The same could be true in your case. Keep us posted.

Lisa

OMG Kate, I am so sorry that this is happening to you. Was your husband alright bebore he left for work. Have you had any close contact with him in the last 24 hours or so. (and this is not a sex question, I wouldnt get that nosey with anyone on this board!!) Kate, I will talk to you soon, Call me if you need me. Hey--atleast he stayed at work, he wasnt at home sick .....................

Thinking of you

Leigh

Yeah he seemed to be fine before work...he ate dinner and everything...then i went up and layed with him for a while and we were sort of huggy and kissy...but not tongue kissing...sorry for the details but who knows....he seems to act as though it's no big deal..i mean he still feels kinda off but i haven't heard from him all day..which isn't unusual b/c i am assuming he is asleep. so we will see...he even said he was going out in the garage this am to try to lift some weights...so i guess he felt halfway decent...but he probably had to go back inside and sleep....anyways thanks guys for the support....maybe by some sheer luck my boys will be ok...that is what i am praying for.

Donna..a vaccine would be the bomb wouldn't it? That would be a true miracle in itself...just imagine if we never had to v again forever...and never had to worry about anyone else doing it either..life would be sooooooooooo good then....

Lisa...yes he will stay away from them i am sure...i mean he took my youngest one to school this am...but hopefully it will be ok...my oldest one rides the bus...and their all boys so they really don't love all over each other or anything...just horse playing...so hopefully they will be fine.....

Leigh....thanks You know I will be calling you back Thank God for my emet friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Ya...K

Kate

I am soooo with you guys about some kind of vaccine. I told my best friend just yesterday, if we can get flu shots surely someone can come up with a shot to prevent v*ing. Even better, a pill or vitamin to take everyday and never have to be ill again. That person would be my HERO!!!! I am sooooooooooooo over this and I am tired of crying about it all the time. I am going to the NASCAR race this weekend which is what I look forward to every year. Now because of being exposed all week I am not looking forward to it b/c I am so afraid of being at the track and being sick. I hate this d@mn phobia!!!!!! murphy

Oh my, a vaccine.... what would life be like if those sicknesses were gone? That's a wonderful thought. Hopefully in my lifetime!!!

The one thing I think you can feel good about, Kate, is that since you've already had it, there's no worrying about if you're next to catch it. You don't have to worry, did I touch this or that, did I wash my hands, I can't eat for 5 days, etc. I think that's my worst thing about this phobia, is that I hate to be surprised by it. It's a total control thing, I know, but if you were the first to get it, the surprise is all gone!

Hope you're all feeling well, and that it skips your boys.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I found some good news on vaccine front, well, at least hope [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

A company is working on a norovirus or Norwalk vaccine.

<a href="http://www.ligocyte.com/products/pipeline.aspx" target="_blank" target="_blank">
    http://www.ligocyte.com/products/pipeline.aspx</a>

They are up to the pre-clinical trial and is sponsored by the Department Of Defense

which is serious if you ask me [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

And this article says a vaccine is possible.

<a href="%20http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/11/30/124706%20.shtml" target="_blank" target="_blank">
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...4/11/30/124706 .shtml</a>

Edited by: PhilB

I wasn't able to see the second site, but the first one looks promising! Can you imagine how wonderful that would be?!! I'm sure it will be done eventually. They already have vaccines for other types of viruses, there is no reason they can't develop one for Norwalk.

A cure would be the greatest thing I will ever hear. Can you imagine life free of this stupid fear? Thanks for the info. I provides some hope.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I would probably put my life savings into a norwalk vaccine for me and my kids....MONEY CAN BUY HAPPINESS!!!...seriously would be worth enjoying life and my kids!
    ~Sheri~

Kat--I hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Kate--so sorry to hear that you and hubby both have been sick. As bad as you may have felt, at least you didn't *v*. I would rather have anything other than *v*. I'm scared to even say this, but I haven't heard about much sickness in my area (yet). My sister is an elementary school principal and she says that usually a sv begins right after school starts. I haven't talked to her lately so I don't know how it is at her school.

Hope you all feel better soon!

Jess