Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help please!!! Antibiotics!!!!

I went to the doctor today and found out I have a kidney infection. I'm allergic to cillins and solphas so she prescribed me ciprofloxacin (Cipro) And I am scared to death to take it. I have to take it 2 times a day for 7 days. I asked her about side effects and everything and if I should take a antiemet with it but she said there was really no reason to because it's not very harsh. But I'm still shaking. I don't want to take it. I looked up side effects and it says D* and *N. With some other things like dizziness that I really don't care about. So V* is not one of the side effects but it does say if you V* you should call your doctor so that means there's a chance right??? I'm just so scared I'm shaking and have throat N*. Has anyone ever taken this or heard of it??? I haven't had antibiotics since I was 6 months old and I'm scared to death. It says I can take it with or without food. I'm guessing with is better???

Default Re: Help please!!! Antibiotics!!!!

I have never taken it, that I remember... But I think if it says should there be any V*, call your doctor, more means that it SHOULDNT cause V*, and if it does, let ur doc know about it..b/c its NOT common with that med. It must be a good one, b/c every antibiotic i have taken has possible V* listed as a side effect. Nothing ever made me sick though U will be ok, just take it with food. Dont worry if u end up haing a little diarrhea after a few days, it's just the med in your system.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Ive heard its a more mild antibiotic. I know the sulfas will make you sick (more likely). You should be okay. If I can remember what I was put on when I had a kidney infection I'd tell you, but I imagine it is similar to that. Because I told the doctor I didn't want one that would make me, or even a possibility of being sick.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I have taken Cipro many times and never had an issue with it. You will be just fine.

Sooo I've been thinking. Don't we always. She told me I had a kidney infection because there was blood in my urine.... But when she took the sample I was on my period. And the girl that took it was NOT paying attention at all. I said " Umm I'm on my period" "Oh." was all I got back. I honestly have no symptoms at all. I had a UTI A few days ago but it's gone now... Should I go back and have another test done? Because I've read quite a few things online that say you should never do a urine test for a UTI when you're on your period because no matter what it will come up positive... So I'm kind of just wondering now :/

And she never asked me if I had any symptoms at all. They didn't even take my temp.

Yes you should go retest. Theyve done that to me before. Theyre dumb. -.-

Wow.....LOL! Sounds like the doctors down here in Mississippi hahaha! Definitely re take the test. Unless u dont feel like there is anything wrong with you, what was the point in the first place.?
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I'm definitely going to go have it redone. I don't have symptoms anymore, other than a little bit of cloudy urine. TMI right?:P She told me I had a full blown kidney infection but she didn't even feel my back for pain sooo... I think I'm going to go somewhere else. Thank you all so much. You guys are the best! *HUGS*