Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Lactose-free milk?

Stupid question: can you still have lactose intolerance towards it?

I just bought some lactose-free milk so i can eat some cereal and creamier oatmeal in the morning. I didn't fully try it, but I did sip it. It tasted like... skim milk mixed with melted ice cream. The nausea that followed was def from the weird taste, but can it have any affect if I were actually to use this? I'm very milk based lactose intolerant. I can eat small amounts of ice cream, yogurt, any amount of soft/hard cheese without any problem, but a 4 ounce glass of milk or god-forbid a 4 ounce cup of Eggnog (I love it!), my stomach crashes on me within 2-4 hours.

Other than that, my anxiety has been well and I haven't had any relapses. Throat is still swollen, but I'm used to it now.

Default Re: Lactose-free milk?

You may have an intolerance towards something in dairy products besides just the lactose. I am allergic to dairy and cannot have even a little bit of any kind. I drink coconut, rice, soy and almond milk instead. You can find them at Walmart or Kroger's. I wouldn't have any more of that milk if it bothered you. There are plenty of milk substitutes out there, so you don't have to even go anywhere near actual dairy products.

I agree with Grace. I have a slight obsession with dark chocolate almond milk. Haha. I'm the same way with milk whether it be regular or lactose free. It just doesn't digest well. But almond milk seems okay.

My sister is allergic to nuts... I'm not but I get very very very nervous eating nuts... Peanuts give me acid indigestion which screws my mind with nuts.

Coconut, Rice and Soy milk I've never heard of... are they good? I want to try Almond milk, especially that dark chocolate one you said jparsons.

I like the taste of soy milk but I have a soy sensitivity I guess. Haha. The almond is my favorite and it has never given me any heartburn or anything and I have GERD. Coconut milk I wasn't a big fan of and rice milk is good.