Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Thought you were over it?

I agree with what you say, when I felt stressed and emet was getting on top of me nausea would increase. I had CBT and this helped me relax and drop some compulsive behavious which were really causing a problem. I have a book which I read "Essential Help For your Nerves" this book really helps my anxiety in general. I am also working through the Thrive booklet which I think is helping. I have only felt nausea about 5 times this month which is not bad at all.

How is your nausea now?

Default Re: Thought you were over it?

@Ricky, I am doing a form of CBT therapy now and it is helping a little. I am still at a point where I feel "nauseous" on a daily basis but can actually tell myself I'm not really sick it's just my nerves.. doesn't always work but sometimes is better than nothing. I am going to look into that book and see if I can get some help out of it too. I am willing to try just about anything at this point! Thats really good that it has only been 5 times for a month! I'm Definitely looking forward to those days! I hope it keeps getting better for you!

@ Kittycat, I am definitely working on reminding myself that either anxiety or hunger. Sometimes it works others is like well how do you know this isn't it this time. But its all part of the trap! It at times makes me feel like I have a split personality.. the rational one who knows its anxiety or hunger or whatever that is def. not sick, then theres that bad person (lol) that has to try to undermine and feed all the bad not true thoughts in there. I guess if for nothing else it is good for a laugh when not in the middle of an attack. Absolutely I will! I definitely believe that one day .. (hopefully very soon).. we will get past the whole phobia.. and be like most people where you don't like to get sick but are not petrified of it and it doesn't take over our minds!