Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panicking =(

Default Panicking =(

So I just had pasta with a Dolmio pasta sauce from my fridge and I've just read the back of the jar and it said to only store for up to 3 days. Today is the 4th day and I'm really panicking that I'm going to be ill and I can't handle it!

Default Re: Panicking =(

Oh my goodness, you are FINE! I use jared stuff until I start to see mold. Manufacturers have to write that stuff to cover their butts, but the 'actual' use time is much, much longer! Most of the dates on products have NOTHING to do with food safety, but more of a 'it tastes best if you eat it by this date'. They don't want people to pop their products open, but it in the fridge, use it a month later and then complain that it tasted 'off'. Seriously, I won't gross you out with how much AFTER a date I have gone (here's a hint, it was over a YEAR! ), but I can 100% ASSURE you that a DAY off is NOT going to get you sick. I PROMISE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Oh my goodness, you are FINE! I use jared stuff until I start to see mold. Manufacturers have to write that stuff to cover their butts, but the 'actual' use time is much, much longer! Most of the dates on products have NOTHING to do with food safety, but more of a 'it tastes best if you eat it by this date'. They don't want people to pop their products open, but it in the fridge, use it a month later and then complain that it tasted 'off'. Seriously, I won't gross you out with how much AFTER a date I have gone (here's a hint, it was over a YEAR! ), but I can 100% ASSURE you that a DAY off is NOT going to get you sick. I PROMISE!!!!
    Thank you so much! I know it's one of those situations where I'm being irrational but I get so panicky about use-by dates. And then I started googling and there were all these people going, 'I throw mine out after 2 days' and that made me worry more. You've made me feel so much better =)

I'm glad, PLEASE stop worrying, I PROMISE you're fine! Relax and enjoy the rest of your day!