Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Grape Juice

Default Grape Juice

Hi,
    I am currently working in a school with 2nd-5th graders. I drink a glass of grape juice everyday to prevent the stomach flu and more if I have been exposed. Does anybody know if the grape juice is effective?

Default Re: Grape Juice

Honestly, I doubt that it works. Keep your hands washed and you'll be fine. I work with preschoolers and have never caught a bug from them, other than a cold. You're going to be FINE. Wash your hands before you eat, after you've done a lot of 'touching', and obviously after you've gone to the bathroom and you're golden!

Yeah, I think that it's an old wives tale that grape juice stops stomach viruses. Like syrup said, just keep your hands clean and you'll be fine.

We really have no proof one way or the other on whether the grape juice thing works, only anecdotal reports. I'd say if you like it, keep using it unless you are diabetic or need to avoid sugar for other reasons. I say that because grape juice is going to be pretty loaded with sugar. Also, it will take it's toll on your teeth unless you are dilligent to brush them after or at least rinse with plenty of water to keep that sugar and weak acid from sitting on your teeth.

The only thing you can really do is wash your hands. There are power-foods you can eat/drink to boost your immune system, but most things such as drinking grape juice are, unfortunately, myths. I haven't been ill in almost thirteen years; I'm almost sixteen. I managed to surpass my most vulnerable years simply by washing my hands!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Regular grape juice off the grocery shelves is likely not as effective. It's got too many additives like fructose corn syrup in it to be really helpful. I would say organic, NATURAL stuff is better for you. Besides the less additives and chemicals you put in your body overall you are healthier anyway. I have heard the benefits of apple cider vinegar, RAW and ORGANIC. It does legitimately help your body's immunity and gut levels stay normal. Probiotics too. These aren't just to ward off *sv, but all illnesses, after all we do prefer staying healthy when everyone is getting sick no matter what it is!