Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT. Anxiety or something else

This isn't really an emetophobia problem, but it still sort of is. I was in a very abusive relationship for a year and I finally got out 3 days ago. About a month ago my Dad passed away without warning and there's questions about his death (foul play). And on top if that I had a UTI a week or so ago. So it's safe to say I've been extremely stressed out. I haven't really let my Dads death sink in yet. I keep telling myself that he's still there just because I can't deal with the grief. And I did the same thing with my ex. I told myself it wasn't that big of a deal so I wouldn't have to deal with it. Well yesterday I was putting makeup on to go and get a restraining order on my ex, and all of a sudden it felt like I couldn't breathe, my vision started blacking out and I got hot and cold flashes and felt like I was going to pass out. I went and sat down and felt fine as soon as I sat down, other than feeling like I couldn't catch my breath. Then, about a half hour later I got a low grade fever. I couldn't stop crying and honestly I have no idea. I wasn't sad, I just couldn't stop crying. I sat on the couch for the rest of the night and went to bed around 11:30. I woke up at 2 pm. and felt tired but I didn't have a fever anymore. I feel like I'm going crazy and I don't know why. Have any of you experienced anything like this before? I'm scared for some reason I'll V* even though I don't feel ill and my stomachs grumbling because I'm hungry. I know I should eat, but I'm not hungry. Can anyone give me any words of wisdom?

Default Re: OT. Anxiety or something else

That sounds like a pretty severe panic attack. Here's more information on them: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/panic-attacks/DS00338 If you have health care insurance, talk to your gp or a counselor. If you can, try to join a grief support group or a support group for surviving family members of homocide victims. Talking to other people who have lost someone in this way, may help. Even an online support group could help.

Panic attacks are scary. Here's some home remedies for them: http://www.calmclinic.com/panic/trea...-home-remedies Home remedies are not a replacement for professional counseling, but they can't hurt.