Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: NOOO OMG. Help!

Hybrid View

Default NOOO OMG. Help!

I'm on the rowing team at my college. Our coach requires us to go to two study halls a week... Basically I only went to one this week because that's all I could make it to. She just sent out an email saying that if we didn't go to two that she will make us do a "pull and puke" which mean she makes u work out until you throw up.... What do I do? I can't do that!!! Like I really can't. I'm so scared. How can I get out of this?? Being on the team is very important to me, so quitting isn't an option.

Default Re: NOOO OMG. Help!

I think she may be exaggerating there. However, I would expect a pretty intense work out.

I wish she were exaggerating. But the people that have been on the team longer than me say that she isn't. Plus I'm a coxswain... Which means I steer the boat, motivate... Etc. Which means I don't work out nearly as hard as the rowers... So if I were to do a really tough workout, I most likely would be sick.

Maybe you could just talk to her and explain what happened. I was on the rowing team in college, but we had a hard time even keeping a coach. Since you are a coxswain, you'll know my position I was port 2.

If all else fails, work out as hard as you can manage for a reasonable amount of time and then pretend to pass out?
    I know it's not an honest way out of it, but it's better than the alternative right?

That's so mean! Even to non-emets it's an unnecessary harsh procedure, why and how would it be benefical to work out until you get sick? It doesn't make any sense!
    I think you should talk to her about your phobia and if she doesn't take you serious then maybe go talk to a principal if needed.
    Good luck!