Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Please help a newbie!

Hi, I'm from Uruguay and I just found this site. I'm very excited *BUT*..I'm a little concerned. Am I going to see any v. pic/video/drawing/etc? I've been reading the "Triumphs" section and some stuff made my blood ran cold. How 'emetophobic-friendly' is the site? Another thing is, there are a lot of abbreviations I don't understand! (e.g "sv")
    And off-topic: How can I upload a profile picture? I searched everywhere but to no avail
    Thanks in advance and sorry for my English!

Default Re: Please help a newbie!

Hello! I'm fairly new here also and have not seen any graphic pictures of any kind, or any pictures at all, actually. So you're safe there. People even try not to use graphic language, which explains the abbreviations...
    "SV" is "stomach virus."
    I'd been wondering about uploading a profile picture too, but couldn't figure it out.

There is a way to post a profile pic. I think you have to have 10 posts or more.

Abbrev is at the discretion of the poster. Some abbreviate some do not.

I have only seen v pics on the old chatroom, not in the forum. They have changed chatrooms and made changes so it should not happen again.

v-vomit, d-diaharea, nv-norovirus in most cases or Nevada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Thanks! That clarifies it