Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Strange Day

Default Strange Day

Hi,

Strange Day today, my wife got ill very suddenly and only lasted a few hours. We are on holiday and at 16:00 hour we went to the market for some fish and both shared a small tub of Crayfish. We got back to the Holiday Home and she about 18:30 she became dizzy and went for a lie down. 10 minutes later she was vomiting heavily for about an hour. Then she told me she was hungry had a bar of chocolate and now she is fine, just very tired. She has not been sleeping well because of the kids, and she did have an chocolate ice cream with the fish, but I never heard of food poisoning lasting a few hours.

Default Re: Strange Day

Not sure. Make sure she keeps herself hydrated. Could be anything. Seems to be over though. YEAHHHHH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Has she had a problem with shellfish before? I'm no doctor, but that sounds like a food reaction. I'm sorry your wife was ill. Hard on both of you.

My husband's family has shellfish allergies and his mom tends to V if she has shellfish. Maybe she could be sensitive and just needed it out of her system? Hope she is feeling better.
    SAHM to S (9), T (7), and E (2) - they make it all worth it!

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Does she ever struggle with migraines? My mom used to get them and they would make her v* bad for an hour or so (along with dizziness) and then she'd be ok. Oddly, she has done the same with shellfish! It's one of the two for sure. With it being that short it wasn't food poisoning or a bug (otherwise that chocolate would have been out too! ) Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!