Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Needing support today

I haven't posted here in a while, I've got a severe phobia of myself and my children *v and last night and today I feel alone. My middle son woke up in the night and *v on my oldest and everywhere and I panicked. I was shaking an wanted to run away, and my ibs immediately flares when my anxiety is like that. My partner doesn't understand my phobia and tells me to just get over it, or I'm crazy and makes a big deal over helping with them and reassuring me. I feel crazy. Regardless, I ended up with *d and nausea and then this morning my oldest *v twice. I feel like I can see the germs, that I'm being swallowed up in the anxiety and the pain I my ibs in a never ending cycle. I do t know what to do

Default Re: Needing support today

Oh sweetie, you will be feeling low. I know it's not easy buttry to look at it this way...you'll be stressed for a few days and then you can relax and know that you're done. They seem to think that bad (lots of sv) years are not every year (last year was a bad one). Know that we're here for you 24/7. As to how to get your husbands support, you could show him the 'About Emetophobia' section of this forum stating that most people are able to understand the phobia after reading it. If he doesn't, don't worry, there are plenty of cautious partners around. Sending you hugs! X Donna
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch