Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Really panicking, please help :(

We went to a conference on Monday, and we came home yesterday (Wednesday evening here). On Tuesday night, LOADS of people got s*. Some people even hd to go to A&E. I'm so scared because no one knows if it was noro or food poisoning!!!

I ate a small quiche for lunch on the Tuesday, but my fiancé ate quite a bit, including the chicken. I did a presentation with someone else and he was v* all night on Tuesday after we had spent the day together and he had got me water and been touching me and stuff (I had a bad panic attack).

I don't know what to do with myself - my other half and I have bad colds so worried that our immune systems are already weakened. My other half is fine and has gone to work today.

I can't do this waiting game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Really panicking, please help :(

Hi, new to this, one of my really close friends just got sick, food poisoning or noro, and i am kind of panicky now too. One of the things I like to think about that my therapist told me (for anxiety in general) is that it (anxiety) is based around "running away", meaning that when feeling anxious, your body is feeling scared and trying to escape from the situation, so dont try and distract yourself. Just sit there and think about it, think about the worst case scenario. It does help, and it is scary but it is the best method to not panic.

Default Re: Really panicking, please help :(

I just had this scare last week myself. A friend had either fp or noro (she said fp) but since it's hard to know for sure, you're left with the possibility of catching something. We were going to a club that night and I had to sleep over at her apartment and shower/brush my teeth in her bathroom(!) and she had been sick 3 or 4 days prior in there. However, I wanted to have fun, so I made myself go through it and just tried being SUPER careful (no touching my face for any reason, washing my hands pretty regularly in the kitchen). The next few days after that I was scared I was going to get it...but I never did So just try to remember that not every potential exposure is going to lead to you catching it.