Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My mom lied to me about being sick.

My mom stayed home from work yesterday and told me she had a cold. She knows about my phobia. Since I thought it was just a cold and I didn't leave home yesterday I was very lax about washing my hands and taking any precaution. I went in her bedroom and bathroom and stayed in the living room most of the day. Today she stayed home again and went to the doctor. When she got back she had Zofran and I asked my stepdad what was wrong with her and he said the doctor said it was an sv*. Now I'm scared because I didn't take any kind of precaution at all until she had already been sick for 24 hours.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: My mom lied to me about being sick.

They are working I understand at the state level. There are some at the federal level stilll working, but not everyone. Maybe the President will have good news today? Hope it ends soon.

By the way it is chicken from Cali, Ore and Wash. You are fine. There has not been any in Texas. Foster Farms is the brand of chicken.

Heeeelllllllllllllllllooooooooooooo I posted this on the CDC one, not this thread :-o Have no idea what happened.

Now to answer this thread . You are an emet. You are never lax on your precautions. It is ingrained in you. Even though you did not take an extra steps, I am sure you did not put yourself at risk. Remem it does not spread if the person is hygienic and washes hands properly. As long as any v was cleaned properly and your mom washed her hands after pooping it will not spread. I know you washed your hands when you used the bathroom too.

Relax. Have a nice dinner with your loved one tonight. Try to put it out of your mind.
    Last edited by Cynna; 10-08-2013 at 12:47 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    You are an emet. You are never lax on your precautions. It is ingrained in you. Even though you did not take an extra steps, I am sure you did not put yourself at risk.
    I totally, 100% agree with this. Just because you used her bathroom does not put you at an extra risk. Do you even know that she was v*ing? Even if she was, I am sure that it was in the toilet and is long gone by now. You certainly didn't use the toilet and then go make yourself a sandwich. Every time we use a toilet out and about or at someone else's home we don't know if a sick person had used it at some point in the last 24 hours.

Remember that even people who are DIRECTLY contaminated with a virus (like those in the study posted about yesterday) aren't even 100% likely to get a virus and those people DRANK the particles. You are going to be fine!

Well, my stepdad just ran into her bedroom with a huge garbage bag. I bolted into my bedroom to avoid hearing it, so I'm going to assume she v.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Awe doll I'm sorry. Just remember that we emets don't have to think about being hygienic. It's literally branded onto out brain. I hope your mama feels better soon and that you are able to calm down. I know how hard this is but you got this ok.

Aww that is terrible but she did try to protect you. I'm sure you will be fine. I was in a house with a boy who had noro and took no precautions and he had to go to the hospital after being sick for 2 days vomiting non stop and couldnt leave bed. I did not catch it, it doesn't mean you will! Just take care of yourself, be more cautious now. And even if you do get it, it doesn't mean you will vomit!
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Maybe he was cleaning up in there and she's recovering ok. Just ask, it may calm you down. I can't imagine if she was v*ing that she's still, especially on medication. If she is she may need further evaluating.

Syrup is right. He's probably just cleaning or throwing all the laundry in a trash bag. I know I do a massive cleaning including washing all the bedding even if no one was sick on it, too. Or he could have been fall cleaning and it was just a coincidence. You'd have seen me run into my room with a garbage bag last night too as I was cleaning out my closet. *hugs* You've made it 24 hours without getting sick. You're doing great. Maybe your mom really did think it was a cold at first.

I have no real advice, as I'm dealing with a similar situation, but just know I'm praying for your wellness!