Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Everybody,

HAven't been around much lately but noticing a lot of newcomers and wanted to welcome them all to the site.

Seems like everyone is experiencing nasuea, sickness in the family or illness of some sort.

I have been okay this summer, still haven't V*** in a LONG LONG time and not worrying as much as usualy.

Suffering from a bit of Strep, but I will live. Nothing is worse then Barfing...so I am happy.

Send me some updates. Hope everybody is well

Hi, glad to hear you are doing well!

I used to be a regular on the group a couple of years or so ago and recently came back. There's alot going on in my life at the moment, a sick friend with cancer, a very ill Grandma and an ill dad, so things are full on and stressful at times. The emets not too bad though, so that's something!

Tracey
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hello there snow angel, its nice to meet you! Yup, I'm a newcomer, but love this place so much, that already it feels like I've been here forever! lol. Its been so cool getting to know everyone.

I'm going ok in terms of coping, but the last few months have been a bit more intense than usual. I've had a total change in lifestyle since starting uni, so I still haven't settled into a routine, and this affects my nerves alot...I'm finding myself getting anxious over smaller things, and worrying more than I used to. Surprisingly, when i was at school, my phobia didn't really have that much control over my life, as I was always occupied with something. But now I have alot of free time on my hands, so that means more time to worry. Heh, it sucks!

Generally I'm pretty good though, apart from the odd panic attack- no health problems for me or my family, so all's well!

Sorry to disappoint everyone but I'm doing sh#te! I'm fed up with the thing and I'm angry. We all get our respite from it to a certain degree but at the mo mine is making me want to hit myself cos I know I'm strong minded in most other ways. This phobia makes me feel weak and a saddo! AND A NUISANCE! I effing hate it,sorry for swearing. Edited by: suzy.o

i agree with you girl, i effing hate it too. lets boycott v* and n* and all that crap!!!!!

haha but hello snowangel. i dont know if you were here since i have been but welcome back, im becky

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Sorry to hear you're not doing too well suzy. I think emet goes in phases sometimes...some days/weeks/months even are better than others...then it takes just one incident for it to all go pear shaped again. You're certainly not a saddo - it's something you or the rest of us can't help (although there are ways we can help ourselves through or even out of it).

Personally I've been doing fine. Actually when I had an overactive thyroid gland three years ago it was at its worst, because o/active thyroids make people more anxious as it is - so emet played on my mind. Plus it was a stressful time socially (didn't have an proper friends at school) and I had my A Levels to contend with.

Since going to Uni I've met some amazing people, and had the best time of my life - and the thyroid problem has gone away after a course of medication. Overall my stress levels are down and I think half the problem with emet is being too anxious generally. Meeting supportive friends and doing things to distract myself from emet really helped. I guess I was lucky going to a good Uni and halls in the first year, and settling in well, but it was all a new start for me and I was determined not to fear people being sick. I've encountered v* a few times at Uni but haven't been half as bad as I used to be. I can't quite explain totally why I'm much better but I think what I explained is half of it.

No discredit to this site as it's a lifeline for all emets and it's great to talk to people who actually understand this phobia - but I found that spending too much time on here caused me to think too much about it. So nowadays I pop in now and then to see how people are doing - and when I'm in an emet state (thankfully rare these days) it's great for support.

Nice to meet you all !
    Tracey, very sorry to hear about your dad, grandmother and friend. How horrible. My father has a brain tumour, I feel your pain...if you ever need to talk add me to your MSN [email protected]

Angel, good to hear you are coping ! Good luck with school...