Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Terrified I've caught something. Help!

My daughter woke up early Tuesday morning with a fever of 101 and she v* one time. The night prior she'd been showing signs of a bladder infection(frequent trips to the potty to pee) so I made an appointment with the doctor asap. Sure enough, she tested positive for an infection so we started her on antibiotics. She ran a high fever again yesterday but today (her 5th birthday!!) she has been back to the screamin' demon I know and love. No more v* other than the one time and no d*. BUT my wicked little mind is working overtime,freaking me out that I picked up something at the doctor's office or maybe it was a touch of a sv, which, as far as I know,hasn't hit my area just yet. I have her party planned for Sunday and a surprise trip to the zoo on Saturday and I think I'm working myself up because I know I'll have to venture out in public. Can I just get a little reassurance that it's not a sv or a reminder of the incubation period of it?

Default Re: Terrified I've caught something. Help!

Doesn't sound like an sv to me at all! Sometimes kidney/bladder infections can causes nausea, especially in children. It may have also been caused by her fever. You don't have to worry about catching it. I hope you guys have a great time at the zoo/party! I'm sure she will love it.

Thanks! I'm hoping she does too! I'm wide awake right now on the verge of a huge panic attack about it all but I just keep reminding myself of what someone told me earlier; It's not about me right now.It's about her.But you've made me feel better!

I agree, it doesn't sound like an sv. Enjoy the party and trip to the zoo!

It's almost definitely the infection and not an SV.

In the tiny minute possibility that it was an SV, then it would probably be rotavirus, which adults don't catch x

Thanks everyone! She's been fine since that one incident, aside from a fever. I neglected to mention that my mother had given her a bowl of cereal before she went to bed the night before she was sick. Fever and milk don't mix.Hoping we're in the clear from that Dr's office visit as well. Now to walk 5 miles through the zoo tomorrow