Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Needing advice regarding noro :/ PLEASE HELP

I haven't v*d in 12 years... when I was 6, i threw up and I remember dry heaving so much and it was horrible. i don't really remember what it was like to actually throw up though. i'm so scared it'll happen again. my boyfriend has the stomach flu and today i stopped by his house (that was so terrifying as it is) i was already aware that the only way to get it is to get the v* particles in your mouth and digest them so i didn't touch my mouth a SINGLE time, i didn't kiss him or hug him. after sitting far away from him for a while, i held his hand. i ONLY held his hands. i stayed at his house for maybe 25 minutes and then I went home. as soon as i got home, i put the clothes i was wearing into a bag, i washed my hands twice, and i took a shower. i'm so sure that no v* particles got into my mouth. i used clorox wipes on everything i touched and i'm STILL scared and anxious that i might the virus :/ what is v*ing like? how did you get through it? i'm so scared. it seems so terrifying i just dont know. there have been a few times where i thought i was going to and i kind of said to myself okay, if it happens it happens. but i'm still so scared :/ i need advice... and do you think i will get the virus?

Default Re: Needing advice regarding noro :/ PLEASE HELP

As long as you washed well, you have an excellent chance of staying healthy. For future reference, I'm not sure Clorox wipes kill noro, but bleach does, as well as Lysol.

Just FYI colorox wipes and lysol wipes do not kill norovirus, only bleach and lysol spray does. From what you stated I think you'll be ok. You said you kept your hands away from your mouth. After you held his hands did you wash them before you got in your car to leave? If not I'd spray your steering wheel and all with lysol spray. **healthy vibes**

First good for you being strong enough to go and visit your boyfriend when you knew he was sick. That is a positive step towards taking control of your phobia! Pat yourself on the back for that!! You could have stayed away until you knew he was well and you didn't! WTG! Now I doubt HIGHLY you will catch anything from him. Typically you catch the bug from using the same food/drink utensils behind a sick person or not washing properly after using their restroom facilities where they've been sick. You didn't touch anything he was drinking from and you did wash properly after you were in the house. Just toss your clothes in the washing machine with a little bleach (not enough to dye anything) in the water, use the hottest water you can and then dry them at high heat if you are worried about lingering germs. As hard as it is, don't spend every second obsessing about it. Get out of your house, go outside, get some Vitamin D from the sun (good for your immunity), take a walk, don't sit around and worry. Stress weakens your immunity, so don't let it! And again WTG on being a good girlfriend who can put her biggest fear aside for her man!

Welcome, Rebecca. You are brave if you could visit someone with norovirus. If you want a better idea what vomiting is like, please read my Vomiting FAQ: http://emetophobia.byethost15.com/vomiting.html

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've read your FAQ and I kinda grew anxious finding certain statistics
    I know statistics are just statistics, but it feels like I should vomit 2 more times this year because I've only vomited twice.

Oops sorry off subject. I'm afraid of telling you what Vomiting feels like because I don't want to get you anxious. The preventative measures you took to hold off the 'stomach flu' seems more than enough to fight off the sickness. Just try to calm down and uhmm, think of other things?

I got through it with the use of my Anti-Emetics... which isn't fair I know... after my event, I took 2 pills and waited an hour to see if I grew nauseated again.