Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i hate it. someone said it last night and i totally jumped out of my skin. arghhhh!

I'm okay with the word, but I am afraid of toilets, buckets and garbage cans. I feel like if I'm near one, just the fact that it is there means I will get sick. Completely irrational, I know.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

I HATE THAT WORD TOO HAHA

i feel the same way. to both of you bucket toilet garbage cans = me scared
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

i'm not scared of garbage or toilet really! i hate the smell of dissinfectant (sp?!?)...

lol, buckets for the loose, im ok saying it - but when i over hear a convo when walking through town - it brings back horrable memories of when my sister, mom and me was sitting in the living room talking about stuff, and all of a sudden my sister burst into tears and begged for a bucket, my mom grabed the trash can and gave it to her.. and then she v"ed into it - with me running out of the door as soon as she got that bucket.. so yea.. buckets for the loose man.. buckets for the loose... so yea.. i guess im scared of hearing it when overhearing convos with it included, or when someone asks for a bucket :P

I'm not scared of the word bucket but I don't much like the word unless it's used in a distinctly non-v* context.

I don't like looking at buckets either like when I'm in the hardware store.,,,ugh. No me gusta!

I remember seeing an advert about a bucket on tv last year. It showed the 'life' of the bucket, ie used for cleaning windows etc., and then there was this one scene of a child throwing up in the bucket. Believe it or not it was an advert for KFC advertising their bucket deal. Who the hell thought of this advert..? they lost my custom as soon as i saw that advert, and what the hell is 'funny' about seeing a kid throwing up in a bucket and even more what the hell is the connection of this to the KFC bucket deal...?

^lol, KFC?! Not very appetising, having someone v*ign in a bucket on a food ad!

I'm scared of the word too!! If someone asks for one, I'll freak out, thinking they want one to throw up into! >_< I even look at the buckets in my house, and in other people's house's, wondering if anyone has been sick into them.If I was feeling sick, the worst thing anyone could do would be to put a bucket in front of me - that would make my panicking multiply!

Quote Originally Posted by trixie
    I remember seeing an advert about a bucket on tv last year. It showed the 'life' of the bucket, ie used for cleaning windows etc., and then there was this one scene of a child throwing up in the bucket. Believe it or not it was an advert for KFC advertising their bucket deal. Who the hell thought of this advert..? they lost my custom as soon as i saw that advert, and what the hell is 'funny' about seeing a kid throwing up in a bucket and even more what the hell is the connection of this to the KFC bucket deal...?

Yes! ive seen that ad. I hate it. Stupid idea.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I remember alot of people talking about that KFC ad when it was on. It's really in poor taste.

I do hate the word bucket, I hate toilets, I'm ok with garbage can. I even make my husband clean the toilet. I will clean the rest of the bathroom, with gloves, and then he has to clean the toilet. Eww.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I hate that word. I have an immense hate for buckets because when I had my very first stomach bug I was sick in this yellow bucket. I hated that bucket ever since and still hate every bucket created. I cant stand having one around me.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I totally cannot describe in words how reading this makes me feel...i am just in AMAZEMENT!!! WOW!!! Bucket?? LOL this is too...i don't know...cool, sad, unbelievable?? You name it...cuz again..i thought i was the ONLY ONE who didn't like the word bucket!! I just cannot fathom still all the unbelievable similarities we all share! I am happy and sad at the same time. Can anyone get what i mean?? I should say i can "tolerate" the word bucket as long as it's in a sentence not having anything to do with V'ing. I have the same aversion with the word "basin" which is similar to bucket cuz that's what i remember V'ing in as a child also. Strange what our brains do to us :-(. But still grateful there are people who understand!!!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

I dont like the word. My mom has these buckets in the house with the v* word on it. That is why I dont like those things. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Yeah...I'm usually fine with the word it's being around them that I hate. My dad got me a bucket for my apartment to help me when I clean but I NEVER use it. I also hate toilets and garbage cans...like when I take out the garbage and look into the can I always am afraid I'll get sick!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

There's nothing worse than the thought of having to v*into a bucket - my mum used to put one at the side of my bed when I was ill as a child - yuk. If I do v* it has to be in the toilet and nowhere else.

I remember that awful KFC bucket advert. Would you get advertisers showing somebody taking a s**t to advertise food? I think not, so why do we have to have v*? Makes me fume [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by wing
    I dont like the word. My mom has these buckets in the house with the v* word on it. That is why I dont like those things. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

OMG, that would be awful.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

i also have a thign with sinks and bowls. once i couldnt make it to the toilet, so i v* into the sink (i was real young) i know its gross, but now i cant lean to close to the sink while burshing my teeth. also, bowls make me cringe too, esp big salad bowls. my mom used to have a bowl next to me when i was sick instead of a bucket because we didnt have buckets.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I have an issue with the word pail. "shudder" YUCK!! That was word my mom used to always use when I was sick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can relate to all of you !!!!

I was recently pregnant and had to have a glucose tolerance test. Little did I know that it would make me feel so ill I was retching. I was crying as I couldn't drink it as I thought I would V*. They got me one of those cardboard bowls and I told them to take it away as the sight of it gave me a panic attack.

I don't like : Bowls / buckets or any receptical that anyone uses to v* into.

I am the same when I look at a bucket wondering if anyone has V* into it.

If I feel S* I purposly go as far away from the bathroom and toilet as possible as I think that if I am close to it I will V*.

My son V*ed last Sunday night. I can't put him in the same pyjamas that he was wearing as I think I will make him do it again. It was thundering when he V* and it thundered again today. I thought he would V* again. Now I am affraid of Sunday nights / Monday mornings incase it happens again.

HELP !!!

Karen

Karen, I've just replied to your post about this on another thread. But regards those horrible cardboard thingymajigs they have to v* into at hospital - they put the bejabbers up me too! When I visit somebody in hospital I scour the ward for those cardboard recepticles and then worry they are going to be used whilst I'm visiting! The worst is when the person you are actually visiting has one right at the side of them!

I worry about ifI ever have to go into hospital, as we get putin rooms with at least anotherfive people in - I would be in a constant state of panic wondering whether somebody was gonna throw upor, horror of horrors, I had to v* with all those people able to hear and see me. I've even thought about getting health insurance so I can go private and have a room on my own, as the trauma of being stuck with anyone v*ing and not be able to escape would traumatise me.

Tracey
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

^Tracey, I know what you mean! My Dad was recently in hospital to have his gall bladder removed. I know it was making him feel horrible, but I didn't want to ask him whether he v*d or not, because he'd think I was strange for asking, and I didn't really want to know, anyway. Anyway, when I went to visit him, they'd put this plastic bowl next to his bed, and I couldn't help but speculate what it was for! &gt;_&lt; Could have been something totally innocent, but...eww...I didn't like to think.

This is a little weird, but I also have a thing, *occasionally* with the word 'towel'! Its only because when I was little, the last time I v*d...it was into a towel my mum was holding. I'm usually fine with it, but ievery so often I'll relate it back to that time, and I hate to think that we'd still have the same towel in the bathroom cupboard...I hope we don't. We have ones that look very similar to it, and I refuse to touch them.

God, ain't it strange how emet can make us fear words and objects, too!

Yes, yes, and yes!! I totally relate to all this stuff!! I'm sitting here laughing so hard that tears are running down my face! LOL!

Better to be pathetic together than alone!! I also detest those little airsick bags. My husband (who knows all about the phobia) brought one back as a 'present' for me after his last trip! I didn't speak to him for the rest of the day - I was so mad. I wouldn't touch it!! LOL! He thought he was so funny!

There is one particular brand of icecream that I refuse to eat now because my mum once gave me an empty icecream container when i was sick...
    \"What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?\"
    \"Whatever I FEEL like I wanna do, GOSH!\"
    (Napoleon Dynamite the movie)

Hate BUCKETS when being used in terms of v*ing. I won't v* in one, and I don't let my son do it either. I let him do it in a towel and can just chuck it (no pun intended) into the washing machine!

HATE BUCKETS!

Crsytal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!