Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Question about Migraines

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone on here has had experience of Migraines? I know they're often accompanied by v* and I wonder if that part of migraines affect those with emet differently or those with a naturally strong stomach v* less with migraines?

Personally I don't suffer from migraines that I'm aware of but I just read something about them and got a bit scared :/

Thanks!

Naomi xx

Default Re: Question about Migraines

I had two migranes when I was 17, a few years back now, but they were classic migranes - they started with a flashing halo of light in my eyes and then the worst headache ever came on. Both times I felt a little n* but to be honest, it wasn't bad n* at all, I never for one minute thought I'd actually be sick. I took strong painkillers and locked myself in a dark room both times and slept it off and then I was fine.

Basically migrane does not necessarily = v*ing. Everyone is different and it depends on the severity, plus if you don't suffer from migranes it's a good sign. I think they can happen for a variety of reasons, and some people are more prone. I had a thyroid problem at that age, and ate too much sugary junk food...the thyroid problem gave me loads of weird symptoms I've not had since.

I get horrendous migraines but have never vomited from one.

However my mother also gets them, and she swears that as soon as she vomits, she feels 100% better.

I get them ocassionally with n* and sensitive to bright lights and sometimes get lightheaded, they last for hours and the pain is horrible
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you all so much for the info! As I say I don't suffer from them personally but I like to be aware of every common illness out there as I'm sure you can relate to Hope you're all feeling great today xx

Mine is when I eat to much chocolate, first it starts with an aura and then I get this blind spot in my eyes which grows till I can hardly see anything. Then it goes and I am left with a nasty headache for a few day. Never once felt sick and never one even felt nauseous. Most people say its the pain (which can be excruciating) that causes the vomiting.

I've never v*ed from one, but have known plenty of people who have. I hope you never get them because they are awful.

I have had a migrane one time.. I tried to take tylenol (which doesn't do anything but it was the middle of the night so its not like i could just go to walgreens) and i went to bed... woke up, my head STILL hurt but it was worse... It was so bad and i felt sooo n*, went to go to the bathroom but only got halfway when I lost it.. started gagging.. nothing came up tho which is good (probably cuz i hadn't eaten yet lol)

it was funny cuz as soon as the gagging happened i felt MUCH better