Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Pregnant and n* please help!

Hey everyone,

I am 8 weeks pregnant and horribly n* i take 20mg a zofran, b6 and unisome, and ginger pills. Ive tried everything! I cant take much more it is debilitating! Is there anything else I can do :-(

Default Re: Pregnant and n* please help!

Suck on hard candies...and make sure your stomach is never too empty!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

suck on really cold things, like ice chips and popsicles. that is what helped me. also, make sure you aren't too constipated from the zofran because that can cause n.

Thanks ive tried everything... I cant take this...

Have you tried Preggie pops or b natals?

I know this is the hardest thing to do as an emet, but I've been pregnant twice and was never n* with my 2nd because I learned in my first pregnancy that constantly stressing or being anxious about being n* makes it tens times worse. So as hard as it is, RELAX. Do not allow yourself to dwell on it, don't convince yourself that you are n*, do not spend all your time focusing on that part of the pregnancy. Stressing really does make it that much worse. Definitely get plenty of rest, sleep as much as you can. One: being overtired makes it worse and two: get it now, b/c once that baby comes, kiss sleep good bye for a while! Look focus on the good parts of this pregnancy. Think about the gift you are being given at the end of this road. It's worth it, I promise. Some things that did help me with pregnancy 1, Big Red gum. No lie. The cinnamon is strong and is great n* relief. Lemonade was another for me. The citrus helped a lot. Avoid strong smells as your senses are heightened about fifty times especially in the early months. Take your prenatals with a meal, sometimes the vitamins can upset you. Eat several small meals a day, snack on high carb or high protein stuff, this is good for you and the baby anyway. Don't allow yourself to get hungry and don't overeat (that can cause heartburn too). Do things to take your mind OFF the situation, read a book, watch a show you love, laugh, spend time with friends and family, get outside and walk (don't overdo exercise), take relaxing baths (not too hot water). Enjoy the pregnancy, as hard as it is now, I promise it does get better! Blessings!

Do you have promethezine/phenergran? That helped me a lot. I took it mainly at night because I would wake up in the night feeling very n while pregnant with my 2nd child. If you don't have it, you should ask for it! Ginger never did much for me, but lemon and peppermint were very helpful also. I drank lemon flavored water and lemonade, or peppermint tea, and I sucked on lots of peppermints. Lots of very small meals. Carbs are your best friend. As others have said, try to relax. Read a book, take up a new hobby (I am learning to sew and it is wonderfully distracting), warm baths, watch some stupid mindless tv. Most of all, just know that this will pass. It will all be worth it when you have your sweet baby in your arms.

I was bed-ridden with 24/7 morning sickness, it was awful. I found a combination of Cyclizine and Pyridoxine took the edge off it just enough for me to be able to function. It generally starts to wane from 14 weeks or so. I know that seems like forever away when you're in the depths of nausea but it IS temporary and the end is in sight. You can and will get through it. If your current med combo isn't working, try something else - different things work for different people and I was tried on a couple of things which didn't work before the Cyclizine/Pyridoxine combo.

I know this is the hardest thing about pregnancy for us. I was freaking out with my first because I didn't know how to deal with nausea or when it would end. By my second, I learned a lot. All the previous tips are great. What helped me was Phenergan with the second. Took it at night and it would make me sleep. Also, yes, as hard as it is to eat, NEVER let yourself get too hungry. Eat whatever you crave at this point, even if it's not always nutritious. Protein and carbs go a long way to keep you satisfied. Lay down when you can and rest, that seemed to help me. And yes, it WILL end, I promise. Not always at 12 weeks, the magic number, it may be 14 or so, but then you will feel good, gain your weight, and eat well. Good luck hun! You can do it!!!

I am about 14 weeks pregnant now. I have had a very hard time with this, considered abortion and everything. This stupid phobia can drive you nuts! I mainly found I was most n when I didnt eat! Try to eat frequent I know its hard I've been there but it really helps. I'm still struggling everyday to even wake up. I'm scared. Its tough but it will pass and you will find ways to cope. Try hard candies. I tried ginger but for me that made everything worse but smelling lemons helps. If you ever feel you are so close to v and you start freaking out, grabbing and ice pack and numbing your hands helps. It kind of shocked me out of my anxiety and bad n andIit did eventually pass. It seems there are many people on this board pregnant right now! You're definitely not alone. And make sure to eat eat eat!!!

Lemonheads candy, True Lemon crystallized and True Lime. And keep small, frequent meals in your system. I was very n* and dizzy with both of my pregnancies. I agree with previous posters... it seems like an eternity of n*, but it's all worth it to have that baby in your life!