Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Babysitt for a friend tonight and she had a sv* LAST NIGHT!!!

I posted last week that my best friends step daughter was sick with a sv*, I was babysitting her 2 boys a week later (tonight) and I was worried they could pass it on to us. Well thankfully nobody else got sick so I felt fine about them coming tonight since it had been over a week since she was sick. So the 2 boys were here (step daughter was not) we had fun, played, ate etc. I didn't even wash my hands before eating some chips with my hands after touching the baby's bottles and stuff. Mom comes and picks them up a few hours later and I jump on facebook and I see where she updated her status earlier this morning (about 13 hours ago) that she had a stomach bug. I FLIPPED immediately! The boys were all over my house, playing with my kids, their stuff, I touched their stuff, ate with my hands w/o washing them. I'm so scared!! The only thing keeping kinda sane is we just had the sv* a month ago, my whole family (2 kids and hubby and me) so I hoping were immune? I'm freaking out!!!

I just talked to her on FB (she probably thinks I'm crazy) and gave her 20 questions. She said she threw up a few times and had bad diarrhea all night last night and into this morning. She said she is still having on and off diarrhea. :/ I'm terrified!
    Last edited by Leslie735; 10-26-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Default Re: Babysitt for a friend tonight and she had a sv* LAST NIGHT!!!

<hugs> It wasn't nice of her not even to tell you she had sv before dropping off her kids. I hope she had something really important to do. It must not have been that bad if she's off having fun today.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    <hugs> It wasn't nice of her not even to tell you she had sv before dropping off her kids. I hope she had something really important to do. It must not have been that bad if she's off having fun today.
    Well her and her boyfriend (Dad of the kids) got engaged so I say it's important but still!!!

Chances are they had the same strain your family did since you are local to each other. Norovirus immunity is short lived but you should still have plenty to neutralize it this soon after a bout of it.

I agree that is important, but she still could have told you she was under the weather. That's kind of a big thing to leave out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    I agree that is important, but she still could have told you she was under the weather. That's kind of a big thing to leave out.
    I completely agree. She claims it was a bad wrap from McDonalds but I seriously doubt it!

From the symptoms you described, it does sound more like sv than fp, but I have had fp with both v and d. I hope your friend gets well soon and it really was fp. (hugs)