Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Recruiting for Emetophobia CBT Research Study

Lori Riddle-Walker is conducting a research study on Specific Phobia of Vomiting (SPOV). SPOV is also known as emetophobia. This study is a randomized controlled trial (RCT) of cognitive behavioral therapy treating SPOV. The treatment is based upon the current research, both survey and case studies, including the work of David Veale, MD, a London-based psychiatrist who specializes in emetophobia, obsessive compulsive disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, health anxiety, and depression. The study will be the first RCT for emetophobia. This is an important area of research that has been neglected. It has been estimated that over 8% of the population may suffer from a fear of vomiting (1) which can be chronic and debilitating. Emetophobia often co-occurs with depression, social anxiety disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder.
    The study is being done through Argosy University San Diego. It is being funded by the researcher and doctoral candidate, Lori Riddle-Walker, MA, LMFT. If you would like more information about the study, please go to Vphobia.com

Default Re: Recruiting for Emetophobia CBT Research Study

Gosh I wish I could participate. I just simply don't have transportation to San Diego.
    M I D N I G H T

I am a male emetophobe and would love to participate but I live in Oregon

sounds nice, but can't participate as I live in West Virginia, the side of the country.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

I'd love to take part if I lived nearby. Funnily enough, I live only 3 miles from where David Veale runs bis clinics, he does some great work (not just regarding emetophobia), he's so knowledgeable.