Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Where the heck are all of the Admins?

Seriously, it's really unacceptable.

Default Re: Where the heck are all of the Admins?

Our more "active" mod has been really sick with back problems for the last few months. She has come back to apologize for her absence but she needs to focus on getting herself better.

A few years ago our other active mod Sage was here a lot because we had a huge troll issue, but she is a therapist and has a very busy life of her own.

The actual admin Rich only comes around to update the site, seemingly.

I'm new here so I have no idea who the admins are. What is ridiculous?

It's just that allot of problems with arguments here could have easily been avoided with some type of moderator stepping on the embers before they catch ablaze. I understand personal help and I hope she does get better, but if she can't be here often, maybe picking up non-objective open-minded people to step in.

This is a site full of people. I understand we are supposed to be united and arguments are annoying, but with this many people in one place, personalities and opinions are bound to clash. It is a part of life
    M I D N I G H T

It gets very uncomfortable and people hesitate to post and comment because all of the arguments. I'm not innocent either, but there needs to be SOME sort of enforcement.

Try to PM Sage or IESADMIN or Rich (the owner of the site). I am not sure how often they are on the site to respond to inquiries. The thread has been reported.
    Last edited by Cynna; 10-16-2013 at 10:49 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

I used to not believe this but I think that this site is fairly capable of self moderation. The debates that do go on are largely benign, and maybe they exclude some people who are afraid to speak up, but there are many more threads on topic and about emetophobia and recovery than there are off topic discussions of religion or politics or current events. These debates go on in many communities, regardless of their topics because politics, religion and current events generally cut across all issues. If you don't like those types of debates, there are a variety of on topic threads out there for one to peruse.

Quote Originally Posted by rexymeteorite View Post
    I used to not believe this but I think that this site is fairly capable of self moderation. The debates that do go on are largely benign, and maybe they exclude some people who are afraid to speak up, but there are many more threads on topic and about emetophobia and recovery than there are off topic discussions of religion or politics or current events. These debates go on in many communities, regardless of their topics because politics, religion and current events generally cut across all issues. If you don't like those types of debates, there are a variety of on topic threads out there for one to peruse.
    This is very true. Most arguments die down without moderator intervention and the threads die and end up in the archives. No big deal.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    This is very true. Most arguments die down without moderator intervention and the threads die and end up in the archives. No big deal.
    I am on another forum that basically self-moderates. There are admins, but they are there to mostly move threads and only a couple times in the two years I have been there has any thread been locked and last time it was because it was discovered that there was abuse going in a family being discussed and so it was locked to protect the children in the situation. Really, there is a limited number of threads with debate from what I have seen. When it gets too off-topic, there's push back from people to shut that down without admin support. The thread mentioned will soon die down and disappear into back pages and forgotten. And really, that debate is nothing compared to many I have seen. lol
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

It isn't a big deal to you, but there are others, including me, who are timid to post certain types of threads because we are weary of opinions that are too aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    It isn't a big deal to you, but there are others, including me, who are timid to post certain types of threads because we are weary of opinions that are too aggressive.
    In such a large forum, personalities will clash sometimes and some people are going to be less willing to speak up while others do not have any issue getting in. I do not have any issue having debates or challenging people or being challenged. I know not everyone is okay with that, which I believe became the biggest problem with the thread in question, which is now closed, most likely because the debate had become stupidly religious with people telling others they are going to hell. *facepalm* I do think it will be hard to never have any sort of argument going on with such a variety of people. I do think political and religious aspects should stay out of the conversation though because really, no one is going to change their mind and all that will happen is hurt feelings and people hating each other and no one wins those debates. Not worth it and an emet forum is not the place to debate such things. There are other forums online that cater to religion and politics for those who want to debate those subjects.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

It isn't even that. It is about respect in general. The thread shouldn't even have went that far.

Actually yea. I shouldn't add fuel to the fire with this post. Sorry about this.

I just hope people will like, think a little more about the people around the threads next time - I know I've been trying to.

I only just flicked through it but we all accept theight to personal opinion however it was reached. There was a very clear beginning to the tension and it began as a result of a terse opening to a post in support of the vaccine. I havee perused a few of the argumentative threads and most are perpetuated by someone writing a terse post making the message feel aggressive. There are some of us oversensitive, some a little brash but we were all brought up knowing how to be respectful.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch