Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I hate this time of year

I really hate this time of year. The stomach bug seems to go around for ever. Last year I was able to avoid it at work because I washed my hands a lot. I did however get it from my children from being at home with them. I only got *D* really really bad with the stomach pains and *N* bad too. I hate being scared for a long period of time. My anxiety hasn't been too bad this year but my children haven't gotten the bug yet. Ugh! I hate the wait! I hate it!
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Default Re: I hate this time of year

Don't we all.. Worst time of the year imo. Hope you're okay tho.

I hear you. I hate the wait too. My oldest is 5 and she's in school Mon-Fri every day. She brought the stomach bug home last year in February, and everyone got it (I didn't throw up, I just had the fever/body aches and nausea). I'm DREADING it this year because now we have 3 kids (I was pregnant last year when she brought it home), my youngest is only 5 months, so there's an even bigger chance that I'll catch it. I try my BEST every time my kids have it not to get it, yet I still end up with it...I have NO clue how. I am so so so careful it's ridiculous. I get it, but I don't get it bad like they do....I've never thrown up from catching it from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin80 View Post
    I hear you. I hate the wait too. My oldest is 5 and she's in school Mon-Fri every day. She brought the stomach bug home last year in February, and everyone got it (I didn't throw up, I just had the fever/body aches and nausea). I'm DREADING it this year because now we have 3 kids (I was pregnant last year when she brought it home), my youngest is only 5 months, so there's an even bigger chance that I'll catch it. I try my BEST every time my kids have it not to get it, yet I still end up with it...I have NO clue how. I am so so so careful it's ridiculous. I get it, but I don't get it bad like they do....I've never thrown up from catching it from them.
    Oh man, that must blow, getting it every time. :/ but luckily you dont v*!

I do too! I haven't be on this site in a while because I was actually doing pretty good for a while over the summer. Now I keep hearing about it randomly (not even from anyone that lives anywhere near me, but still!). Also my daughter started kindergarten this year so I feel screwed.

My sister has not only caught it once every year, but twice in the time span of 6 months. This has been happening for three years, and it's an absolute miracle none of the family has caught it from her. I keep on trying to be optimistic, thinking 'maybe she won't catch it this year', but I've been wrong every time.

It is just so hard on me.

This time of year seems to be the hardest on us Emets. It is so frustrating. I hate being scared of my children. If the look the slightest bit pale...I am scared that they have the virus. Or if they are telling me they are tired. My middle child, at dinner a lot of the times, tells me that her stomach hurts. And every time its because she has to go number 2 ( a regular number 2) But I am always scare it is going to be because of a virus. I am scared that the one time I don't panic that her stomach hurts....she is going to have the bug. My older two are in school. And my youngest still loves to cuddle. So I know that I will get it this year. I just hate the panic that ensues once they get sick. It is very hard to deal with V. I am a single mom now, for a year now. Last year when they got sick..I dealt with 2 of the 3 kids getting sick. And my ex only dealt with one. And he can handle it. He was always the one to take care of the icky part. Its hard having to do it on my own. But i managed it last year. So I know I can do it this year. Its just the fear of contracting it and the fear that I might V. I got it last year but only had *d* very very bad. I hope that's what it will be like this year too...if I get it. I think I am just going to keep telling myself that it is inevitable because I have 3 children.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~