Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Norovirus Toy?

Default Norovirus Toy?

http://www.amazon.com/Giant-Microbes.../dp/B00A9YILC6

How sweet, now you can curl up with your favorite little germ!

Default Re: Norovirus Toy?

Looks like there's MRSA and common cold ones. Nothing tells your loved one how much you love them like a nice stuffed animal norovirus germ or MRSA.

The noro and rota ones I find mildly amusing, if a little weird.

The cancer one? Pfffft.... Errr, I got nothing....
    Last edited by Elski; 10-26-2013 at 03:56 PM.

The big question is are they an appropriate gift? "I gave you norovirus for Christmas?!"

I love them! I bought a similar thing for my best friend for Christmas one year!

I love them! I bought a similar thing for my best friend at the time for Christmas one year!

My mother and I also bought a stuffed cancer cell for a friend who has cancer. She absolutely adores it to this day and brings it to every chemo session she has.

It does sound like a gag gift sort of thing.

Sorry for the double post, I had to add the thing about the cancer toy. As gag gift as it might be, some people just have that kind of sense of humour, lol! Our family friend absolutely loves her cancer toy, she's named it, everything. I know a lot of people who'd be offended and that's fine, but I also think for some, it's a cute, comforting gift

There are also some really gross ones that I find amusing too, like a poop and pee set that Michelle (JadeNight) and I want to buy and split up

Lol! Is that really for real? I would have never thought someone would come up with this. I wanna say it's cute, but I dont think i would be able to buy one. Im too much of a "omg thats gonna jynx me" type of person.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I have got swine flu, the common cold and a white blood cell. :P I seem to get one every year as a gift! They are very cute though.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

That would freak me out if someone brought me that toy lol
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think they are pretty cook in that you can see what the germs all look like! Educationally fun!

In the inappropriate levity department, I know someone who had surgery for breast cancer and she made up an "Intel Inside" label to say "Tumor Inside" and stuck it on her breast. The surgeon was really mad until he learned the patient had done it herself.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cancer with a sense if humour, Doug! I like it!

I kind of think they're adorable, and now I want them all. What does that say about me?

Why... just... Why?
    like.... WTF?!?!
    just when i thought i saw the weirdest thing I'll ever see... BAM!!! Noro plushie
    That's pretty amusing though haha

And they have one for HIV... My day is finally complete