Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I think my dad just V?

Its about 3am, and I was sleeping, and I heard my dad start coughing violently. When someone makes that much noise I will wake up. When someone coughs like that, I assume they are sick. Now he has sleep apnea, and I have seen him cough in his sleep from that but this sounds like SICK cough to me..
    Its not what we ate for dinner (which was pizza) because I am not coughing and I am feeling fine. Altho I have anxiety nausea now because ya know...

So if anyone is on please help
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Default Re: I think my dad just V?

Maybe he had a really bad cough? Only because he was coughing dosen't mean he was v*, he's probably fine
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He has been having allergy symptoms lately (cough, sneezing) so maybe that is it! But he went into the bathroom, that's what got to me.

It could just be his sleep apneoa/allergies playing up and making him cough really bad. You do not know for definite that he was sick. He could have gone to the bathroom because the coughing woke him up and once awake he needed to use the toilet or he could have wanted to splash some cold water over his face too cool/calm him down. Heavy coughing can take it out of you, cool water on your face helps. Maybe just wait until morning and then ask him if he is ok/did he get sick last night. Then you'll know. Even if he was sick it does not mean that it is from an sv*, people get sick all the time for various different reasons. Wait until you know for certain if he was ill then you can go from there.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

I asked him what happened and he told me it was his sleep apnea. This is the third time I have witnessed this. See I get all worked up over nothing. Emet is so annoying at times lol

Glad it was nothing! My dad has sleep apnea as well. A few years ago my hubby woke me up because he thought my dad was in the bathroom getting sick. It was that same cough. He wasn't, he was fine. It can be gross sounding!

Well, sleep apnea is pretty concerning, but it's not sv! I'm glad your dad is okay and so are you!

Sometimes people can v* from post nasal drip. You said your dad had allergies, so maybe if we was sick (which most likely he's not) it is not contagious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lol once when my sister was a toddler she had a nasty cough and v* all over the kitchen like the exorcist so since then I got all freaked out whenever she would cough.