Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Best drink for an empty stomach?

So I've noticed that if I drink anything on an empty stomach, I get nauseated. I'm just wondering what should I drink on an empty stomach to ease back in? I was out shopping and I tasted some sparkling beverage which caused nausea... BUT, the burp that followed felt good (though nasty!)

Default Re: Best drink for an empty stomach?

Some people will say soda is good on the stomach.. it can be "soothing". but it burns mine. I think water is best!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I dont think that was nausea from the sparkling beverage, it sounds like gas from the carbonation of the soda and the air you swallowed while drinking it.

I'd say water!
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Room temperature water.
    M I D N I G H T

A regular Budweiser always helps mine, whether it's empty or full--if you're of age, of course.

The last drink I've had gave me horrible nausea haha

I find tea with sugar or honey, or sweetened coffee best for me on an empty stomach, but I doubt many people would agree with that.

Small sips of cold water do the trick for me. Yesterday I spent a lot of time without eating and started to feel lightheaded and nauseous. Cold water helped me settle down my stomach. I guess because of the coldness of the water the stomach kind of numbs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit me at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Does anyone ever get pains in their stomach from drinking plain water? I do sometimes... I can drink pretty much anything else, but water doesn't always sit well with me
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Same here! I can't drink it because it gives me nausea and acid problems!

Sometimes it does hurt mine if I gulp it. But, I think thats pretty much with anything I drink too fast.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Plain water hurts my stomach if I drink too much or on an empty stomach. I read on another website that people with GERD often have trouble with water. I wonder why, though.

All I've been able to stomach is little sips of lucozade (a sports drink in the UK).